Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recent purchase thread.

Go down 
+4
Johnny U
DarthTad
Gorneesh
Chris_J
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Post up all of your recent purchases here, comics and toys.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com

AuthorMessage
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:13 pm

Looks like a good trip to the shop today and 1100 bags and boards sounds like fun times ahead Smile
Back to top Go down
artoo_detour

artoo_detour

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:13 pm

Wow guys! I just melted after seeing all those recent purchases and cool comic covers cyclops cyclops where's the drool smiley when you need it?
Stellar pickups everyone. Been a bit quiet for me recently buying wise but I did get these beauties in the weekend.
The top two left are readers but the rest are minty mint.
These are the 80s US colour reprints from the UK b/w originals. And fits very nicely with my comic and Doctor Who collecting habits Smile

Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 Marvel10
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:59 pm

Great haul today Paul. Some stellar books there. Sad I missed Secret Avengers 21.1, but all these point 1's is kinda over kill, if you ask me. Why not just put it in another story arc instead of a story in a story. Im beginning to wonder what Marvel is thinking sometimes. Wink

Artoo, sweet Dr. Whos. I got a good bit of those Marvel Premieres.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:30 am

Chris--Those DC books are so cool, I don't care what condition they're in. They're just super rad!

Paul (Canadian Whiskey)--Man, you made out! Read all of that stuff. Right now! So we can talk about it! Among all the awesomeness you picked up, I can't believe you found Resurrection Man and Frankenstein: Agent of SHADE in the dollar bin! Score!! Resurrection man is pretty cool. It's really different and grows on you. And I totally dig Frankenstein! You gotta tell me what you think.

Paul (That Drives On The Wrong Side Of The Road)--Those are sweet pickups too! Please don't hit or kick me. But I feel comfortable enough here now to admit: I've never seen Doctor Who. Not one Doctor. Not one season. I know I should totally be up to date on all of it. But somehow it just passed me by, and now I feel like I'm too far gone to catch up. But congrats on the pickups, they look great!
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:39 pm

Got this in the post today looking forward to this one
Superman - Red son
Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 Redson
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:41 pm

artoo_detour wrote:

Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 Marvel10

Then Dr Who's look cool.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 4:16 pm

Paul (Not Me)- Those Dr. WHos look sweet. I have to admit I'm in the same boat as Tad. I've never seen an episode of Dr. Who in my life. I'm sure I'd enjoy it though.

Mike- I got Red Son in awhile back. It's AWESOME!! A really cool take on a "What If" story. I want to suggest it as our next Book Clue selection. Gives me an excuse to read it again.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:13 pm

I keep hearing a lot about Red Son, too. That's a good idea to do it for the book club, Paul. It's seems I'm the only one missing it, so it's a good one for us to discuss!

Congrats on the find, Mike!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Tad, your not alone on that. I dont have Red Son yet either. After hearing Paul talk about it, Ive been wanting to get it. Congrats on the pick up Mike.

I got a box full in today, Ill limelight later on after I go through them all. Me and Paul went in halfs on it and want to get them split up before I post what Im getting out of the lot. But I do have to say, there are some SWEET issues in it. Both of us will be very happy with the end results. Good bit of Cable and other X titles and Spiderman and Batman issues.
Back to top Go down
artoo_detour

artoo_detour

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:47 pm

^ looking forward to seeing some of those goodies Chris bounce

Guys, I agree, I think it's a daunting task knowing where to start if you don't know Doctor Who as it's such a long-running series.
The comics above are a good way to start with great scripts from Wagner and Mills and Dave Gibbons art. Some good stand alone stories and short serial arcs.

As for the TV series - just jump straight in from the last season #6 and I'm certain you won't be disappointed.
You can work backwards from there at any point you like really. The 60s 70s and 80s stuff is pretty dated tbh but has a special charm nonetheless.
I'm a really big fan of the 70s DW.

So although DW has a rich history and keeps to continuity, there is enough standalone stuff to pick pieces out and enjoy them on their own imo.

There you go, that's my DW hard sell for today cheers
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:25 pm

artoo_detour wrote:
^ looking forward to seeing some of those goodies Chris bounce

The wait is over. Heres part of it.

Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 Img_2060

Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 Img_2061

Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 Img_2062

The rest will follow later on when its all seperated.
Back to top Go down
Johnny U

Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:41 pm

Great score Chris!!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Wait till you see the rest of it. The lot was 99% Marvel and DC with a couple Image in the mix. I was pleased to see the mix that was in it.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:04 am

Sweet score Chris.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:52 pm

Sweet score, Chris! I can;t wait to see Paul's too!

Here's my Wednesday haul.

Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 036c2587

Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 Bcce1682

Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 A222d2eb
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:43 am

Tad, once again I feel bad that you couldn't find anything. Shocked I see a few books there I want to grab and a few that look interesting. Ferals looks cool. Winter Soldier #3 cheers Jennifer Blood I still want to give a try. My shop didn't have any back issues the last time I was there Crying or Very sad . Hulk 49 RAHHHHH. Is Swamp Thing really that good??? alot of people are ape crap over it. And or course Manhattan Projects gotta check it out. Nice haul.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:31 pm

Tad that is one bed full of comics, am liking the look of them Ferals they any good what they about?
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:55 pm

Gorneesh wrote:
Tad that is one bed full of comics, am liking the look of them Ferals they any good what they about?

Ferals is kind a Werewolf book. Although they're not really werewolves since they come out during the day. It's David Lapham, who is the writer of Deadpool Max, and Stray Bullets, and a lot of the Crossed titles, and the new Age of Apocalypse title. It's Avatar, so it's really gory, which I like. Honestly, I liked the first 2 issues, but #3 was a slight step back for me.

If you like gore and violence, they're good. But I know a lot of folks don't, so I usually don't openly recommend the Avatar stuff. But I freaking love the gore!
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 5:45 pm

Thanks Tad got a few on there way to me as I type, looking forward to reading them.
Back to top Go down
artoo_detour

artoo_detour

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:08 pm

Chris that's a great score so far - congrats! Looking forward to Paul's slice of the cake too!

Tad - great score as well. I also was going to ask about Feral but Mike beat me to it Smile
What about Hell Yeah? I've seen that on the FP site a couple of times now. Any good?
Back to top Go down
artoo_detour

artoo_detour

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 7:04 pm

Was stoked to get these in today, unclipped and minty 80s/early 90s Judge Dredd UK hardback annuals.
The 91 annual has special guest artist cover from Jamie Hewlitt - Tankgirl/Gorillaz.

Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 Judge_10

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:09 pm

Awesome score Tad. Several titles I see there Im going to have to check out in there.

Paul, my fav UK guy, Dredd. Those annuals are killer. Too bad his 2 series didnt last longer than they did. I got some Toxics coming soon from over there, almost the full run.

Heres the latest 3 I got in today.

Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 Img_2068

X-Force #14 and 16 and the Messiah War one-shot. Now just to find #15 and Im good to go. I know this isnt a comic, but comic related.

Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 Img_2069

The newest Westfield Comics catalogue. Has the complete list of whats coming out soon and a nice resource guide to take to the shops to find what your looking for.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 7:51 pm

OK, heres the last of that lot we got. Finally had time to sort through them.

Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 Img_2070

Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 Img_2071

Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 Img_2072

Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 Img_2073
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 8:03 pm

Yep. Dems look goods dos.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 8:18 pm

I ended up giving you the rest of them. It was hard as hell trying to seperate the DC's so I just threw them in your pile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent purchase thread.   Recent purchase thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recent purchase thread.
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next