Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers*

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DarthTad
DarthTad

The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers* Empty
PostSubject: The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers*   The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:18 pm

Discuss The Walking Dead here.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers*   The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:38 pm

I don't know how many of you are up to date on The Walking Dead, but man, it has really slowed down to me. I don't know if they're just milking it until issue #100, or just out of ideas. I miss the good old edge-of-your-seat Walking Dead days. There was an issue a few issues ago that didn't even have one freaking zombie in it. I understand that it's supposed to be about the human characters and their struggles, but c'mon. If you take away the backdrop of the zombies, then they're just a bunch of crazy people that make no sense. It's like Gilligan's Island with no island.

I hope Kirkman steps it up, and fast.
Back to top Go down
Johnny U

Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers*   The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:12 pm

*Spoiler Alert*

Hahaha well Tad I just finished issue #2 the other night so far it's pretty close to the show so far but I hear Shane doesn't last to long in the comic.
Back to top Go down
Johnny U

Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers*   The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:20 pm

Is reading the comics gonna ruin the show for me?
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers*   The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:09 pm

Johnny U wrote:
Is reading the comics gonna ruin the show for me?

Totally not! They've said the plan is to make the show similar to the comic, but it's own thing altogether. Not very much of the show has lined up with the comic so far, either. So it's fun reading the comic as it's own story.

Man, issue #2? I am totally jealous! You're reading it when it was still a totally amazing and awesome comic. I remember those first few issues are intense!
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers*   The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:01 pm

Walking Dead better start having some shit happen in it. For the past couple of months now it's been all "Walking" and no "Dead."

I know they're building up to issue #100, but come on already!
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers*   The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:12 am

I gave up the walking dead a long time ago, for this very reason, it seems to happen quite often in this title, I only hope the TV show does not go the same way.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers*   The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:27 am

Anyone else read issue 100? I was wrong in my prediction of Rick dying. It was Glenn. ANd his death I thought was done very well. I've always had the impression that he and Maggie were together essentially jet because they were the only two people in the group that were their age. But when Glenn is getting his head bashed in, he uses all his strength to yell, "Maggie!" Showing that he really did love her. I thought it was well done.

But we'll have to see where they go with it from here. Hopefully it doesn't get in the same rut it did before issue 100.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers*   The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 12:36 pm

I just started watching Walking Dead the weekend before the debut of Season 3. I watched all of seasons 1 and 2 in three days. So I decided to pick up Vol. 1 of the comics TPB. It has issues 1 to 6 in it. And I hate to say it but I don't get the appeal of the books. It's alright but it wasn't as AWESOME!!!!! as I was expecting. I may grab Vols. 2 and 3 to see if it picks up. But right now it's MEH.

The show on the other hand I love. awesome stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers*   The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:33 pm

What didn't you like about it? I know sometimes I'm wishy-washy about the recent issues, but I really liked the early issues.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers*   The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 5:09 pm

I can't really put my finger on it Tad. I read through the first 6 issues in the TPB and when I was done my reaction was basically "Thats it??" "What's all the hub bub over??" Maybe I read it too fast or something. I'll give it another read this week.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers*   The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 6:54 pm

Personally for me, it took a while to appreciate and understand the art. It's really simple and black and white. Even now, sometimes I get the characters confused because of how similarly they're drawn. After a while though, you get used to it, and it adds to the story itself.
Back to top Go down
Jaxx

Jaxx

PostSubject: Re: The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers*   The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 4:32 pm

I have heard rumblings about this comic and the tv series. Never read any comics and never seen any of the tv episodes. I really have no idea what is going on or going to happen (and I didn't read any of the above posts).
But... I have heard many recommendations from many friends. So I plunked down the $60 today for the Compendium Vol 1.
Looking forward to a good read at work next week! Cool 
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers*   The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 4:34 pm

Jaxx wrote:
I have heard rumblings about this comic and the tv series. Never read any comics and never seen any of the tv episodes. I really have no idea what is going on or going to happen (and I didn't read any of the above posts).
But... I have heard many recommendations from many friends. So I plunked down the $60 today for the Compendium Vol 1.
Looking forward to a good read at work next week! Cool 

I love both the Comic and the TV show, you can tell its a good telly program as the Mrs will sit down and watch it as well.
Back to top Go down
Jaxx

Jaxx

PostSubject: Re: The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers*   The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 2:05 pm

I have finished the compendium #2 so now I'm caught up to issue #96! Great story!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers*   The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Walking Dead Thread *Spoilers*
Page 1 of 1