Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers*

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DarthTad
DarthTad

The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers* Empty
PostSubject: The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers*   The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:13 pm

Discuss all X-Men related titles hers, including Uncanny X-Men, Astonishing X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, Wolverine, Deadpool, Etc.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers*   The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:25 pm

Ok, I was alittle dissapointed that they ended the first series when it was going so good. But after reading the first 5 issues of Vol. 2, Ive changed my mind. Even if I dont know whats been going on from between 97 and the Schism storyline, I have to say the re-launch has me hooked. First 4 issues was a great story bringing Mr. Sinister back. The next storyline is starting out good so far. The thing I like the most with these, its like a continuing story from Schism. Not like some of the older books where if you havent kept up, you'll be lost on whats going on. With these, you feel like your doing a day to day deal with the characters. Just like real life dealings.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers*   The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:01 am

I'm still lost with all the X-Men books. Like I read them all, but without knowing what the hell happened to Xavier, and why Magneto is a member now, it's just all a bunch of pops and clicks to me.

I hear that X-Factor is supposed to be a great X-title right now, and I've been reading it for a year, but it still seems like a confusing X-book to me.

I don't mean that they're bad or anything, I think I'm just one of the very few people out there that doesn't have a working knowledge of the X-Men, so it's hard to just jump into for me.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers*   The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:33 am

Don't feel bad Tad. I only ever read a handfull of X titles when I was a kid. I have no clue about Xavier or Magneto either. Or anything else for that matter. maybe someday I'll get caught up.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers*   The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:34 pm

I've only just started collecting the Uncanny X- men and tbh I have not even read one of them as I want to be able to read a fair size of the story or know some back story to the characters.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers*   The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:21 pm

I've been reading tons more X-Men, with all the AVX crossovers, and I still have no freaking clue what's going on. There seems to be a new mutant I've never heard of every time I read one. And I'm reading them all, Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, X-Factor, X-men Legacy, X-Men, Wolverine and the X-men, all of it.

I'll just say that I'm totally rooting for the Avengers to kick their asses.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers*   The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:56 am

Still don't like the X-Men. Scott Summers is a whiny bitch. And I'm confused as to the whole Professor X situation. For some reason I thought he was dead, but he's back at the end of round 8 of Avengers vs. X-Men. So I goes he's not dead. So where the hell has he been? On X-Vacation? He's just let Scott Summers ruin the X-Men and let them split into two teams?

And I DO NOT like the art in Wolverine and the X-men. That blocky, chunky style drives me nuts.

So let's hear it. Why should I try and continue to give a shit about the X-Men. Aaaaaaaaaaaand GO!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers*   The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:33 am

I've never given a shit about the X-Men books. And since being back into comics the last year I've gone out of my way to not bother with them. I like some of the characters from the books but never made a connection with them,

On a side note about the art in Wolverine & The X-Men. The book is actually drawn by a local artist from here in New Brnswick. And I think it's awesome you think the art sucks. Because the guy who runs my comics shop here thinks the guy who is the artist hangs the moon. He was very put out with me that I flat out said no that I wasn't going to a signing they were having. "But we worked really hard to get him to come here." To which my response was "Well get someone i give a crap about to come and i will be here." Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers*   The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:56 pm

That's funny about the art. Me and cab comics always disagree about the art. He really likes it, I can't stand it.

And where the hell is Chris to chime in about how awesome the X-Men are?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers*   The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official X-Men Thread *Spoilers*
Page 1 of 1