Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DC Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert*

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DarthTad
DarthTad

DC Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert* Empty
PostSubject: DC Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert*   DC Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert* I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:24 am

This week was another great week of releases by DC. The New 52 keeps proving over and over that great talent and great marketing can make a great product!

For the week of 2/22/12, my DC picks of the week are:

Batman: The Dark Knight #6-- The Bat-titles just keep getting better and better. The mystery of the White Rabbit continues, while Batman has a face to face confrontation with everyones favorite steroid-pumped Luchador mask-wearing super villain, Bane!!

Aquaman #6-- Geoff Johns continues to make Aquaman relevant again. Johns provides the comic with an uncanny ability to make fun of itself, all while allowing the heroes to justify to the entire industry why they belong. This issue features Mera, Aquaman's love, and how she must cope with trying to acclimate in the world of humans. Great art. Great read. Great book!!

What DC books on your pull list this week really stood out to you?
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: DC Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert*   DC Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert* I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 10:13 am

Just so Tad doesn't feel ignored. I'll comment a bit. I'm not ignoring you on purpose. I just don't pick up those titles.......yet :joker: .

I've espically been interested in picking up Aquaman. Because almost evryone that's commented on the new series has ahd good things to say about it.

My other problem is I can't pick anything up on the Wednesday they come out because of the distance I have to go to get my books. It's a once a month trip for me.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: DC Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert*   DC Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert* I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Like most weeks, I'm still finishing up my reading of new releases from last Wednesday, so I wanted to amend this thread with a couple of other books I liked this week.

Flash #6--Captain Cold is back with a vengeance, and Flash has to begin coming to terms with his ability being destructive. Francis Manapaul has great work in here. If you're not reading Flash, I definitely think it's worth a shot. Just another fun book from the New 52.

Justice League Dark #6-- I will admit, I haven't been a big fan of Justice League Dark, although it has been receiving critical acclaim. But this week, it turned a corner for me. I think the reason I might not have liked it so much was because of my lack of knowledge of the characters. Besides Deadman and Constantine, I knew virtually nothing about the others. But now that I'm getting to know them, I'm starting to really like it.

All-Star Western #6-- Jonah Hex is awesome. Just read it.

Teen Titans #6-- As with a lot of these New 52, I think the character building is essentially done, and we can really get into the gist of the story and characters. And I like Red Robin.

As far as this thread goes as well, please feel free to jump in with titles you liked. I'm not planning on starting a new thread each week, nor is this just fro me to rant in. When you read a new issue you like from DC, post it in here and let us know!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: DC Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert*   DC Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert* I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Can't wait to grab Flash and All-Star Western this weekend at Strange Adventures.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert*   DC Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DC Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert*
Page 1 of 1