Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marvel Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert*

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DarthTad
DarthTad

Marvel Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert* Empty
PostSubject: Marvel Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert*   Marvel Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert* I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:48 pm

What Marvel titles did you read this week? What did you like? What did you hate?

For the week of 2/22/12, my Marvel picks are:

Fantastic Four #603-- I will admit, sometimes Fantastic Four and FF just get a little too wordy and sciencey (is that a word?) for my tastes. There's only so much Higgs-Boson particle discussions I can take at one time. So this issue was a nice change of pace with some straight up action. Galactus fighting The Celestials? Hell yes!!

Ultimate Comices Spider-Man #7-- I really like this title. Miles Morales as Spider-Man is a cool new and very interesting take on what we all think of Spidey. Each issue gets better and better, but I will say that I liked the first artist much better than the current one. It's just a different style that I don't quit like as much with Spidey.

Venom #13.3--This whole "Circle of Four" story has been super cool to me. Seeing the sort of "misfits" of the Marvel Universe band together to fight demons and devils is just badass.

So what are your picks for the week?
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert*   Marvel Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert* I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:36 pm

Ok kids, my Marvel Picks of the Week for 2/29/12 are:

Moon Knight #10-- This one only has two issues left, and Brian Michael Bendis keeps it kicking with this issue. Moon Knight is essentially crazy, and sees/hears Spidey, Wolverine , and Captain America, which frequently tell him what to do. Which is a cool concept. He's kind of a misfit Avenger, trying to make an impression on the West Coast, and chasing down Count Nefarious, who apparently has a stolen Ultron Head. Also, last issue, Moon Knight's tactics resulted in his colleague/love interest Echo getting killed by Count Nefarious, which has sent him even further down the crazy train. I'm guessing that this will be available as a trade after all 12 issues are done, so I recommend getting it if you can.

Venom #13.4--The almost conclusion of the Circle of Four storyline, with Venom, Rulk, Ghost Rider, and X-23 trying to prevent Hell from literally unleashing on Earth. They've had to fight new villains that are their exact opposites, which was supper cool. In this issue, the Spirit of Vengeance was trying to get back to Johnny Blaze after being taken from Alejandra, but ends up attaching to Venom for a badass Venom/Ghost Rider! Can't wait for the conlusion next week with issue 14!

Avengers #23/ New Avengers #22--I'm just on a big Avengers kick. And they're fighting Norman Osborn and the Dark Avengers, as well as the government which is attempting to bring them in for questioning for war crimes. A little too Civil War, but still cool.

FF #15-- I fell like I should like it. But I'm just not sure about it. It's still a little to "kids meet Mr. Wizard's World" for me. I need a little more action, and a little less conversation. Like Elvis.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert*   Marvel Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert* I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:40 pm

I got all of those except the FF. I hate to start in the middle like that unless I can find the beginning of a story like the Venom book. I got 2 more Illuminati's to go and Ill be starting on the Venoms to see how good it is. When I read all the new ones I picked up yesterday, Ill add my picks here.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert*   Marvel Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert* I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:56 pm

Tad is the venom series ending completely or is it the end of that story arc. I couldn't tell in the podcast what you ment?
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert*   Marvel Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert* I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:26 am

It's just the storyline, Circle of Four, that's ending. Venom is still going strong.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert*   Marvel Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert* I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:29 am

Cool. I was confused on the podcast. It sounded like the series was ending. I'm grabbing a couple tomorrow. As long as we don't get snowed in.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert*   Marvel Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marvel Comics Picks Of The Week *Spoiler Alert*
Page 1 of 1