Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marvel Comics- The untold Story

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

Marvel Comics- The untold Story Empty
PostSubject: Marvel Comics- The untold Story   Marvel Comics- The untold Story I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 3:55 pm

I will be the first to admit I have always been a fan of DC Comics more than Marvel, but in the last few years I have grown to like both company's
I was recommended this book and and took a gamble on it and I think it payed of.
Its a book that tells you and honest and unbiased opinion on the history of Marvel, Stan Lee and all its artists from its beginnings up to quite recent times.
What I find interesting is the way that the author has taken one version of events from interviews with Stan Lees and from the other party's (where he can) and all I can say is Stan Lee has a selective memory on one or two of the events Laughing
I imagine DC are no saints but the way that Marvel treated some of it artists and writers is appalling and even from the start of Marvel it looks like there has been a issue about copy write with the creation of superheros and who owns what.
All in its a very good read and it really does tell you a lot about the company that is Marvel and I recommend finding a copy to read.

[img]Marvel Comics- The untold Story A6UeOc1CMAAt_p0jpglarge[/img]
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

Marvel Comics- The untold Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics- The untold Story   Marvel Comics- The untold Story I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 11:40 am

I'm planning on picking up this book soon. All the reviews i've seen say the same as you Mike. I've never considered Stan Lee some sort of god that was all mighty and pure, but I know alot of guys that do and this book pisses them off. Publishing in any genre is very cut throat and shady. And often comes down to a case of He said- they said. Years ago creators didn't think of their characters as they do now. Now any character made new is copyrighted from day one and the writers and artists are much more educated on how to retain their rights.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/

Marvel Comics- The untold Story
Page 1 of 1