Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers*

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DarthTad
DarthTad

Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers*   Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 5:27 am

First topic message reminder :

So, I have to damit, I'm pretty excited for this "event." It kicks off in April, although I think there is an issue #0 coming out in March.

Avengers vs. X-Men

But, I definitely fall on the side of the Avengers. Captain America, hell yes! But there's been tons of speculation about which side some of the characters will be on. Like Wolverine, Storm, and Beast, since they have both X-Men and Avenger affiliations.

But I'm hoping Thor returns by then, and him and the Rulk just beat the crap out of everybody. Bam!

Last edited by DarthTad on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers*   Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Alright, we're into Round Three. And again, a bit of a let down. It seemed like it was a filler book that they just needed to make in order to get to 12 issues.

There is a Captain AMerica vs. Wolverine skirmish, but it was too short and anticlimactic.

And I thought it was odd that the book starts with both sides just sort of retreated back and regrouping, with no explanation as to why. They were fighting on the beach last issue. And now they've somehow called a "time out?"
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers*   Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 4:26 pm

Sounding like my initial reaction to avoid this thing was right.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers*   Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 4:31 pm

Just picked up a few today, so havent had a chance to check em out. Way it sounds, its not all that good. Real bummer if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers*   Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Ok, just read Round one and #1 of the 6 issue mini series and have to say......................................WTF! Evil or Very Mad Nothing but hype here people. Its not what I was expecting it to be like. The mini series of 2 fights sucks. Magneto loses to Iron Man? Really? Really? All I can say is it better get better soon cause its not worth the hype they made it out to be. But Round 1 was pretty decent. That is how it should be done, not like that mini series was.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers*   Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:10 pm

So we're 5 rounds in now on this. It's been pretty slow going thus far, but issue 5 finally seemed like we are actually getting somewhere. The Phoenix Force is finally here, and it looks like it could get really good now.

But I'm not liking the outer space Secret Avengers part of it though. Captain Marvel has been resurrected after the team gets there assess kicked by the Phoenix. And now we're on the Kree home world. Just seems a little out of the way and confusing. Maybe it's laying the groundwork for a bigger picture thing though. I'll just have to wait and see.

Are you guys sticking with it, or did you drop it like third period French?
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers*   Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 8:16 pm

DarthTad wrote:
Are you guys sticking with it, or did you drop it like third period French?

I never even got started. I avoided this whole "event". No real reason really. Besides I was convinced it would suck. And there lots of reviews telling me I was at least partly right. And I have other books I'd rather pick up and I have to keep track of my pennies.

As for the Secret Avengers part of the crossover. It is a bit confusing. I think what it's really setting up is for Ms. Marvel to become Captain Marvel since a new series with her as the new Marvel is starting soon. I'll just be glad when they get this AVX part of the crossover done in Secret Avengers. It's one of my favorite books right now. But I'm not loving this AVX part of it. I want to get back to some Avengers black ops coolness.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers*   Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:52 am

We're now 8 rounds in. It's quickly turning into a suck-a-thon for me. I even know folks that are dropping it mid-series. They don't even care how it ends.

I think they've jumped the shark with all of the Utopia building. Now it's turned into a "we can creat a great world, but at what price" sociological debate book. And the VS book is even worse. Thor defeated by Emma Frost??!?!?!? Sure, she's 1/5 of the Phoenix, but Thor did better against the pure Phoenix on his own.

It's just a total letdown for me at this point.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers*   Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:46 pm

It's post like that one tad just made that again makes me so glad I avoided this thing. The story sounded like it had potential but seems to have been really mishandled from what i've read about it. And after it's all dane we're going to have to suffer through the whole MARVEL NOW! thing till they realize that won't work either. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers*   Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 12:54 pm

So we've finally finished this up. Essentially for me it was a giant crap-fest that ended in Professor X dying. And well.....that's all.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers*   Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers* - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avengers vs. X-Men *Spoilers*
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2