Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Storage question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

Storage question Empty
PostSubject: Storage question   Storage question I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:37 pm

Hey fellas. I was getting a stack of comics out to read before i go to bed tonight. And noticed that a bunch I recently got from a seller on Ebay are packed two to a bag back-to-back with a board between them. it just occured to me this wold save bags and boards by having two books in each bag. Can anyone think of a reason why this would be a bad idea? And not the anal answer of each book should have its own bag and board. But any thoughts on if it could damage the books somehow? I'm thinking it would be fine. and like I said it would save on bags and boards.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthTad
DarthTad

Storage question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storage question   Storage question I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 12:18 am

The only problem I see is keeping them in order. If you put comics back to back, and you get an issue your missing, then you'll have a ton of comic moving to do if you want to keep them in order, instead of just sliding one issue in where it goes. And I wonder about long term storage, since the backs of the boards are unfinished like the front side is. I wonder if that would harm them in the long run? Not sure, just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

Storage question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storage question   Storage question I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:02 am

I cant see any problems with storing comics like this, in fact I know a comic shop keeps them like this till they put them on there shelves.
The only thing I would watch out for is that they are not to tight in the comic bag and easy to remove and that the board is covered both sides.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

Storage question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storage question   Storage question I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Funny thing is I never even paid attention to the fact that the boards are only finished on one side. Ya learn something new every day.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

Storage question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storage question   Storage question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:04 am

I got several from sellers like that. Not only is it a good way to save money on shipping, but the cost for the bags and boards. I do have to agree with Tad on the issue order. Best way to combat that is to leave a space out. So if you have say issue 12 and 14, leave the comic out for the 13th issue and carry on with bagging. That way you wont have an issue when the missing one appears.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Storage question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storage question   Storage question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Storage question
Page 1 of 1