Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!

Go down 
+2
kisstour03
DarthTad
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DarthTad
DarthTad

Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 12:49 am

Welcome the the next installment of the Alter Ego Comics Corner Graphic Novel Book Club!

Here's how it works:
From now on, the GNBC will be the first SATURDAY of every month. A specific title will be chosen, and folks will have the entire month to find a copy if they don't already have it, read it, and be ready to discuss it on the first Saturday. The discussion will take place both in the live chat here on the forums at 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, as well as on this thread via forum responses. On the day of discussion, I will post a list of discussion questions to consider for the chat and forum, in order to get things started. However, THIS IS A DISCUSSION, so feel free to post questions you may have had as well, and any and all points, opinions, etc, that you discovered through reading.

There are only 3 Rules:

1. You must let me know that you would like to participate, so we have an idea of who will be involved, and can help each other track down copies, etc.

2. After the first discussion, we will all decide as a group what the next Graphic Novel will be. Keep in mind that it must be a "self-contained" story. For example, Batman: The Killing Joke, would work. But Y: The Last Man Volume 1 wouldn't, being that it's the first part of an ongoing story.

3. AND THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE!! NO BELITTLING, DEMEANING, TALKING DOWN, OR RIDICULING WILL BE TOLERATED!! For some people, discussing a graphic novel may be, "I thought the best part was when the Hulk smashed that guy's face in." For others it might be, "I really enjoyed the writers similarities to Tom Joad form The Grapes of Wrath." BOTH ARE FINE!! This is meant to be an honest open discussion about comics. You are more than welcome to disagree with someone's opinion, but there is a right and a wrong way to express that. There is no wrong answer here. You might totally hate the book we're reading, and that's just fine, but you don't need to tell us all we're idiots for enjoying it. Bottom line:The Golden Rule prevails here.

If you would like to participate, please respond here, or PM me, and I'll add you to the list.

Whew. With all that out of the way, our next Graphic Novel of the month will be........drumroll...........
Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! Batman_Year_One_TP

Let's have even more participation this time! It was great last month, but could be even greateriest if we get more folks involved!! Spread the word!

Last edited by DarthTad on Sat May 05, 2012 5:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 9:40 am

It'll be on the first saturday of every month...but be ready to discuss it on wednesday???? Either I'm reading that wrong or the days have been reversed or a worm hole has opened up and made the timeline really crooked. Suspect What a Face scratch
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 9:50 am

Same here Paul. Tads in the alternate universe this week so his times are off. lol!
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:49 am

Haha. My bad. I just copied and pasted from the last one, and I thought I had made all the necessary changes. I'll change it to:

"Only Paul must be ready to discuss by Wednesday, then wait around for the rest of us to show up on Saturday." lol!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 2:23 pm

DarthTad wrote:
"Only Paul must be ready to discuss by Wednesday, then wait around for the rest of us to show up on Saturday." lol!

Alright. I'll be ready. farao
Back to top Go down
retrorewindtoys

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 2:16 pm

This sounds awesome! I will definitely try to be here & you can count me in on anything Frank Miller Very Happy Unless you guys do one for "Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe", that would also be a "can't miss" Very Happy
Ty!
Pat
Back to top Go down
http://retrorewindtoys.com/
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 2:25 pm

That's tonight!!! I'll have to get reading quick after I get home from work. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 2:27 pm

Never mind. I'm off buy a day. Silly Canadian. tongue
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 3:31 pm

So.... i kind of totally forgot about this. pale

I ordered a copy from my comic shop right after we decided this, but I just asked, and it's not scheduled to come in until next Wednesday. Is there any way you guys would be cool with doing this next Saturday?

If not, I can try and scramble and check some of the used bookstores here to see if I can find one. But I've never read this, so I have no idea what to talk about until I can get my copy in.

Sorry I suck.

Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 4:32 pm

Sure no worries with me.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 5:19 pm

Yhea, you suck. lol! J/K bro. Its fine with me until next week. I even looked at the TPB today and almost grabbed it, but the shop was so stinking hot, I just wanted to get the hell out of there so left it.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 5:22 pm

Sorry guys. I will totally rock the hell out of this next Saturday, though. cheers
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 5:33 pm

At least it gave us more time to read it. So thats a good thing
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:33 am

UMMM did we all flake and forget this again Embarassed .
Back to top Go down
RoBoP

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:39 am

I'm interested in joining the discussion. So who is going to bring up some interesting discussion points?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Looks like we all forgot it again. If its cool with Tad, lets try it again on the 26th. I know Ill have free time for it cause I wont be working that weekend. So if its cool with everybody, you got 2 more weeks to be prepared for it.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:52 pm

So I am super behind in my comic reading, and last night I was just getting around to bagging and boarding the books I picked up last Wednesday. Then I came across the copy of Year One that I ordered, and I realized I totally forgot about this!!

I suck. Still. IF the 26th works for everyone else, Chris, it word for me, too.

Sorry. Again. I swear I will do better.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 6:26 pm

No worries bud. I forgot to pick a copy up when I went to the shop last weekend and noticed last night I do have it, but not sure where it is. So next weekend will be fine with me cause I do plan on hitting the shop since Im off the whole weekend, I hope anyway. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:05 am

Hey, I won't be able to do it next weekend either. I just realized that's when the Phoenix Comic Con is, and I'll be down there for the while weekend.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Well shit the bed. Just for that, you better snag us some swag while you there, for me anyway. lol! I wont complain you didnt get me 50 of each one.

Heres what we can do. Those of us who will be able to make it next weekend pm me with a list of some titles you want to discuss and Ill start a poll to see what everybody wants to do. If theres a title everybody has on their list, then I wont do the poll. When Tad is able to join in with us on it, then we will do the Batman:Year One then. The remaining titles left over, me and Tad will discuss which ones we can do next in line afterwards. That way we can can a list of some good titles lined up and ready to go for everybody to hunt down and be ready for. Does that sound good with everybody?
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 8:11 pm

Sounds good to me Chris. I do have a suggestion though. A one month ban for Tad would be in order here I think Wink
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 8:18 pm

kisstour03 wrote:
Sounds good to me Chris. I do have a suggestion though. A one month ban for Tad would be in order here I think Wink

Only if he doesnt get me some PCC swag he will. lol! Wait, we aint RS. we dont ban respected members of the hobby.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:29 pm

So here's where I apologize for TOTALLY dropping the ball on this. Are you guys still interested in doing this? If so, I'll read it ASAP and post some discussion.

Sorry, I'm a douche. pale
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:47 pm

We always ready to do it. cheers Oh the book club thing, oops, my bad. lol! Yhea, been waiting for this one even if I still havent found my copy yet. pale
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Yep I'm ready.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!   Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Graphic Novel Book Club For May 12th, 2012. BATMAN: YEAR ONE RESCHEDULED!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next