Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Do You Display Your Collection?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DarthTad
DarthTad

How Do You Display Your Collection?  Empty
PostSubject: How Do You Display Your Collection?    How Do You Display Your Collection?  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:06 am

So I know most of us have most of our comics stashed away in long boxes, or on bookshelves. But do you display any? If so, how do you show them off?

I'm trying to figure out a way to showcase some of my better books, that doesn't take up a ton of space. Do you just hang them on the wall? If so, what sort of case or hardware do you use? I know they make tons of different ways to do it, but I've never seen anyone's collection actually displayed.

Post pics of ideas if you've got them! I'm open to anything at this point!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Display Your Collection?    How Do You Display Your Collection?  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 6:33 am

I used to hang up my better issues I wanted to display the same way I do some figures, thumb tacks. Very Happy I was thinking about getting some of those hangable frames at one time, but the cost is up there. Another thing I was looking into is what my old shop used to have. Not sure what it was called, but it was made out of plastic with a black back and had clear pockets to slid your bagged and boarded comics in. It looked good hanging on the wall with the higher end books in it. I havent really seen anything like that for sale on any websites, though.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com
Johnny U

Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Display Your Collection?    How Do You Display Your Collection?  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Chris I remember seeing those in many comic shops but where to find them hmmmm...
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Display Your Collection?    How Do You Display Your Collection?  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 10:14 pm

I would love to find those things, but not sure if they are still being produced. Times have changed since the late 80's/ early 90's when I was going to the shops. Back then they didnt have re-sealable bags like now. It was all so simple. Slap a comic in the bag with a bopard and tape it down. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com
retrorewindtoys

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Display Your Collection?    How Do You Display Your Collection?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:26 pm

I display a lot of my loose issues on a magazine stand, picked this up when the Hollywood Videos were all closing.
Back to top Go down
http://retrorewindtoys.com/
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Display Your Collection?    How Do You Display Your Collection?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:03 am

retrorewindtoys wrote:
I display a lot of my loose issues on a magazine stand, picked this up when the Hollywood Videos were all closing.

That's a cool idea.

So I was going to finally setup a bit of my comic collection this week, but I got the flu something fierce, and have essentially been in my bedroom occasionally on my laptop.

But I now have 2 Ikea Detolfs for statues and busts, and I ended up with a couple of decent bookshelves when we reorganized another part of our house, so I should be able to get something done in the next week or two.

Soon.....my precious.......soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Display Your Collection?    How Do You Display Your Collection?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Do You Display Your Collection?
Page 1 of 1