Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spider-Men?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DarthTad
DarthTad

Spider-Men? Empty
PostSubject: Spider-Men?   Spider-Men? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:57 pm

Marvel has begun releasing teaser images for a new title called Spider-Men to be released in June!

Here's an article on Newsarama.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/spider-men-bendis-pichelli.html

And here's a teaser image.

Spider-Men? SpiderMen_02

They assume the new Ultimate Spidey, Miles Morales, will be one. Who do you think will be the other?
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

Spider-Men? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider-Men?   Spider-Men? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:23 pm

Hmmm interesting. May have to check it out. Dang comics.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

Spider-Men? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider-Men?   Spider-Men? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:31 pm

I'm not sure I will bother with this one, as a newbie to the Marvel universe I still get lost with all this alternate universe stuff and this might just confuse me more.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

Spider-Men? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider-Men?   Spider-Men? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:55 pm

This is going to be an interesting title. Is it going to be under the Ultimates or regular series? I would think Parker would be good for it, but I would rather see a newer character come to the front with it myself. Or Ben Riley would be a good choice.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com
DarthTad
DarthTad

Spider-Men? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider-Men?   Spider-Men? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 12:21 am

So, the rumor that has now been leaked is that will be Peter Parker, and Miles Morales, the new Ultimate Spider-Man. So I guess they're somehow colliding the regular Marvel Universe, and the Ultimate Universe to do this.

Boo.

The whole point of the Ultimate Universe was that it was new and independent of the existing Marvel continuity. So new things could be tried out that had never been done before. I think merging the two universes totally undoes that. What's the point of this cool, out-of-continuity universe, if you just eventually write it in to the normal one?

And how are they going to explain Miles Morales having replaced the dead Peter Parker in the Ultimate Universe?

The whole thing seems like a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

Spider-Men? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider-Men?   Spider-Men? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 7:33 am

I totally agree Tad. The Ultimate Universe is great. No ned in them mucking with it like they are now. I prefer the down and dirty way the Ulimates are written.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com
DarthTad
DarthTad

Spider-Men? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider-Men?   Spider-Men? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:38 pm

So I read the first issue of this. I still say that I don't like the universes mixing. And issue 1 was basically a setup issue, with the vast majority of it being Peter Parker until the very end.

Anyone else read it?
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

Spider-Men? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider-Men?   Spider-Men? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:55 pm

I going to grab it last weekend when I went to the shop and totally forgot about it. If there's any left next trip I'll grab it then. I'm also against the mixing of universes.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

Spider-Men? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider-Men?   Spider-Men? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:45 am

Anyone else reading this? We're up to issue 3 now. After the first issue, I was luke warm at best towards this story. But as it's progressed, I'm liking it more and more. I REALLY like Miles Morales as the new Ultimate Spider-Man, and there is a cool dynamic between him and Peter Parker. Also, Peter coming to the realization that he is dead in the Ultimate universe is an interesting aspect to this.

I think you just have to accept it as a fun stand alone story. Don't get caught up in continuity, and just enjoy it for what it is.

Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

Spider-Men? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider-Men?   Spider-Men? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:50 pm

I keep forgetting to pick this up every time I make the trip to Freddy Town. At this point i may just wait for the TPB to come out.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

Spider-Men? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider-Men?   Spider-Men? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:54 pm

I picked this one up at #1 when it came out and I still have not got around to reading it, just something about the cover that does not warm to me, not sure what it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spider-Men? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider-Men?   Spider-Men? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spider-Men?
Page 1 of 1