Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So. What do you do??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

So. What do you do?? Empty
PostSubject: So. What do you do??   So. What do you do?? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:39 pm

I was just laying here reading some of my comic shop haul, and got looking at the pile of comics on my nightstand. Thinking it's time to put some away. So it got me wondering when you guys put you back issues away?

What I've been doing is I keep issues related to the same story arc in the shelf in my nightstand until the arc is done. Then I bag and board them and send them to their respective box for storage. I keep the back issues close buy because sometimes I forget what happen in the previous months issue or something that happened 2-4 issues ago.

I know some guys read em within minutes of getting home and then bag em and board em and box em away. Others read em and just stack them on a shelf and even toss them after a year or so affraid

Just one of my silly random wonderings.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: So. What do you do??   So. What do you do?? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:23 pm

All of my comics are bagged and boarded as soon as they come in the door, then they are put into a comic box because it could be weeks or months before I read them, it has been known that I never do read them.
I could not be doing with piles of them lying around the place Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: So. What do you do??   So. What do you do?? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Im one of those who has them everywhere, like right now todays haul is on the floor in 3 piles. Razz Most often if I have a good bit of the run, like the new Incredible Hulk, 1-5, I read them so I can see whats going on and put them up. But if I have parts of a set like the X-Men titles Im working on, I wait until I can fill in the gaps up to the missing issues. So if I have 1-90 and missing 91-95 but have 96-120, Ill wait till I can get those 5 issues in before I read them. I dont like skipping around when Im reading. To me its like reading a book or watching a movie. You dont want to start at the beginning, jump to the middle of it and then read the last page. You'll miss alot of stuff in whats going on in the story and you'll be left wondering what happened.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: So. What do you do??   So. What do you do?? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:25 am

I have a somewhat organize system for new comics. I bag and board them as soon as I get them home. Then I sort them into two piles. One pile is major titles that I need to read before the podcast I do on Fridays, and the other pile are the titles that I can read over the few days after that. Once I read them, I turn them upside down on my nightstand, so I know what I have and haven't read. Once I have read them all, I enter them into my online collection on Comics Price Guide. For now, after that, they go into piles in my unfinished, unorganized comic room.

Right now I'm in the process of organizing my long boxes alphabetically, which has proved to be a daunting task. Eventually the plan is to have them all done, so that each week I can put my stack of comics from the week into their appropriate spots, and not let it build up like I did.

And I know we've discussed it elsewhere, but I'm super anal about cataloging everything now. So far I have catalogued a little over 4,500 comics, so being able to access what I have online is a necessity. When I'm at the come shop, I can pull up my collection on my iPhone to check it I need any issues.

Right now I also have a long box of back issues that I am ready to read, so I will typically take a small stack out to read after I've finished the current weeks books.

I'm the same as Chris when it comes to back issues, though. I can't read them until I have a solid run to read. So as my collection gets more complete, those books make it into the longbox I have marked "Not Yet Read."

Um, I guess that's it. It might seem convoluted, but it makes sense to me when I'm actually doing it all each week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So. What do you do??   So. What do you do?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So. What do you do??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alter Ego Comic Corner :: General discussion-
Jump to: