Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why we wanted to start this forum.

Go down 
+3
Gorneesh
DarthTad
kisstour03
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

Why we wanted to start this forum. Empty
PostSubject: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:10 pm

Well this marks day one of alter Ego comics Forum. Chris J and I were chatting one night, and one of the things we agreed on was that on a whole our experiences on other comics related forums wasn't a good one. We both found the other members attitudes towards new members snotty and standoffish. I didn't feel comfortable at all trying to contribute. I felt like I'd just be chastised for not being knowlagable. Here on Alter Ego we want people to have a good time and share their love of comics and all comics related material.

Looking forward to some good comicey times.

Paul
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:41 am

Where am I? Everything is so comicey!

In all honesty, I agree completely with Kisstour03. One of the reasons many folks don't join the comics community is because of the seemingly prevalent air of elitism that accompany many comic shops, forums, and discussion boards. Not here.

Got an opinion? Say it, it's ok! Got a question? Ask it!

In no way do I profess to be a comic guru. But I read a ton of comics. I love them. My current pull list is about 30-35 books per week. And I'm learning more every single day. Many of the comics I read are titles that I never would have given a chance, had a friend not mention it, or ask a question about it, or stumble on it by looking for a particular artist or writer.

No one, and I mean no one, knows everything about comics. So I encourage everyone, and anyone to speak up and participate. You just might turn someone on to an awesome new title, or discover a new one yourself!
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:38 am

I to would like to add my welcome to you all in this post , like most of the others I have been made to feel small at times for asking what I thought was a reasonable question on other forums and even at comic cons.
So yes that form of elitism does exist in the comic world (maybe its a way of proving that they are a hardcore collector / fan of that comic ? I don't know) I would like to think we have done away with it here and that we can all get along and help each other to do what we enjoy doing and that is comics.
Back to top Go down
artoo_detour

artoo_detour

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:53 am

Very much liking the spirit! My first comic forum here and glad to see some familar faces. Great stuff guys Cool
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:35 pm

artoo_detour wrote:
Very much liking the spirit! My first comic forum here and glad to see some familar faces. Great stuff guys Cool

Dude, that is a RAD avatar!! Just had to throw that in. Shocked
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 1:10 pm

Glad to see some familar faces too. I really hope we can build up this forum to be a great place for us to gather and talk comics. Chris and I wanted a place where we could have the whole site to cover comics and related areas. Rather than a single thread on another forum. Also, I like having a place where my signiture won't get complained about Wink
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 1:26 pm

You're signature is too big. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:36 pm

Yhea, I got tired of all that "Comics? Meh" in chat we got all the time, so said forget about it and start my own place. All other places were way over the top and totally unfriendly towards newer members. We all started somewhere like the other hobbys we are into, so here you can feel like home and not worry about what others think. We are all comic fans and like to talk about all our fav books and artists, etc.

I do think Ill have to limit the size on someones sig, though. That is WAAAAAAAYYYYYY to big. lol! J/K bro. Noone here will have to worry about that. And Artoo, that has to be my fav Marvel Premiere issue. Goes great with Alices album while your reading it, From the Inside.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 10:48 am

I think we're having a good start here. It can only grow from here. And it feels good to be able to talk comics without the "MEH" like Chris said. Now I don't have to worry about going into chat and driving eveyone away, or having someone drop by chat and say hello and then time out because they don't want to talk comics. Now we have A WHOLE DAMN SITE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anyway enough of that complaining. Happy times ahead. Star Wars???? What dat?? heheehehe
Back to top Go down
Johnny U

Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 10:04 pm

I love the feel of what you guys having going on here. I don't like to be in other places where everyone looks down on you for not knowing every single thing there is to know about everything! lol!
Back to top Go down
artoo_detour

artoo_detour

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:10 pm

hey Johnny good to see you here too bud. I think this site could go on to great things. I already like the different category sections and can see there's a spanking new logo at the top of the page now. Nice design cheers

Cheers for the Alice Cooper comps. Have that comic from childhood, one of my faves.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 5:56 pm

Johnny and Paul. Thats the main reason why I even mentioned doing a site like this. I joined up on one place and I didnt feel as welcomed as you would think you would be. I asked a question and as far as I know, its never been answered. Theres just way too much elitist mentality at places these days and I wanted this place to be for all levels of collectors. When it comes down to current issues, Im still learning myself on whats what, but anything Marvel from the 80's to mid 90s I can answer just about. I want everybody to feel comfortable coming here to ask or share what they know. I know I would love to find out what all is out there for international and golden age books.
Back to top Go down
Johnny U

Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:13 pm

WOW I just recently joined another Collectors forum and I asked one question last night and I got harrassed and they were flat out rude and mean and hateful. confused I didn't like it, I've never felt so small in my life. I'm glad I have you guys

Last edited by Johnny U on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Thats the exact attitude I was talking about. Just cause your a new member with 200 posts below them, theres no need in acting like that. What those guys have forgot is that they were in your shoes at one point in time. Here, attitudes like that will be left at the door. No question is a stupid question. You'll never learn unless you ask.
Back to top Go down
Johnny U

Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:25 pm

That's why I like it here! cheers
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 1:00 am

I'm glad you said that Johnny. I'm not glad you got harassed, but it makes the point as to why Chris and I made this forum happen. It's time for a place that is overly nice and friendly. Fun and games is the rule here.

Also I want to let members know. Chris and I talked about this for long nights in chat before we made this come true. There will be NO BAD APPLES HERE. I'm not saying there won't be differences of opinion. Heated debate is good. But RESPECTFUL debate is what we're going to enforce. If someone gets out of line in a bad way, they are gone. That simple. Also we can't police every post ever made.So if you guys see something out of line let us know. Use your admins and mod team. This is our baby and we want it to flourish.

NOW GO BUY SOME COMICS!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:40 am

Johnny U wrote:
WOW I just recently joined the CGC Collectors forum and I asked one question last night and I got harrassed and they were flat out rude and mean and hateful. confused I didn't like it, I've never felt so small in my life. I'm glad I have you guys
We have all sampled that here at one stage or another in our comic collecting time.
I also have to ask did they answer your question? if not why not ask it here? one of us helpful lot might know the answer Smile
Back to top Go down
Johnny U

Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:16 pm

I had a CGC 9.8 book that tore at the staples and they said that old never happen.

Last edited by Johnny U on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Johnny U

Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:20 pm

artoo_detour wrote:
hey Johnny good to see you here too bud. I think this site could go on to great things. I already like the different category sections and can see there's a spanking new logo at the top of the page now. Nice design cheers

Cheers for the Alice Cooper comps. Have that comic from childhood, one of my faves.

Hi Paul I'm glad to see you here too! What a great idea this was!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:38 pm

I'm glad everyone is likeing the site so far. It will take time to build a following, but I'm expecting great things.

Thankls again for joining up fellas.
Back to top Go down
RoBoP

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:38 pm

Hey all,

I'm Robert. I got here through the Imperial Gunnery forum where I know my good friend Dr. Dengar. I'm not so much of a SW action figure collector though. I'm more of a comic book guy. It's good to be on a comics forum again and have some fun chat about good comics. See you in the threads!
Back to top Go down
Johnny U

Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Welcome Robert! Glad to have you! cheers
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:33 pm

Welcome again Robert. We have a introduce yourself thread in the general discussion you can post in to let us all know what your into. Theres also an international section where you can post up and discuss comics from your area. International stuff Im starting to get into more of. I like how they did different covers compared to the US releases.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why we wanted to start this forum.   Why we wanted to start this forum. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why we wanted to start this forum.
Page 1 of 1