Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wally Wood

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

Wally Wood Empty
PostSubject: Wally Wood   Wally Wood I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 5:17 pm

Has anyone else got there hands on a copy of this book?

Wally Wood Wally_wood_artists_edition

Each page of original art is painstakingly scanned and printed in the artwork’s original size, all pencil marks/production notes/finger smudges are left intact. This book is massive at a huge 15”x22” and its a hardcover!
Hopefully I have manged to track one down (hope its still in stock) as I think it had sold out before it was released.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

Wally Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wally Wood   Wally Wood I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:53 pm

WOW!!!!! I'm going to have to try and track that down. Hopefully I have better luck with this one than I have getting the hardcover EC Archive Editions over the last couple years.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthTad
DarthTad

Wally Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wally Wood   Wally Wood I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:32 pm

That looks super cool! But I have to admit, I know virtually nothing about the old EC stuff , and really the old horror comics in general. You'll have to post a few pics when you get it!
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

Wally Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wally Wood   Wally Wood I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:33 am

Finger crossed that they still have one!! Like most things I never found out about it until its was past order date
If I get it don't worry I will do a review with some pics.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

Wally Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wally Wood   Wally Wood I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:17 pm

Looks like the comic gods are not working in my Favor today as they emailed me to say they don't have any in stock and can not get any Sad Sad
Will have to keep a eye oped else where.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

Wally Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wally Wood   Wally Wood I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 5:16 pm

Looks like I might get lucky as this has gone to reprint, and now available to order at IDW shop online bad new is they have John Romita's The Amazing Spider-Man: Artist's Edition in stock as well, I am going to have to hunt down a stockist over here as shipping and import tax is putting these well out of my price range at the moment.
Back to top Go down
RoBoP

Wally Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wally Wood   Wally Wood I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:30 pm

It's a beautiful and enormous book. Fantastic art. Expensive but worth every euro to me. I heard it's going into a reprint so if you missed out on this edition, you still have a chance to get it. Highly recommended.

I hope they get around to reprinting The Rocketeer Artist Edition.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

Wally Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wally Wood   Wally Wood I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 1:53 pm

RoBoP wrote:
It's a beautiful and enormous book. Fantastic art. Expensive but worth every euro to me. I heard it's going into a reprint so if you missed out on this edition, you still have a chance to get it. Highly recommended.

I hope they get around to reprinting The Rocketeer Artist Edition.

I would still love to get hold of this book, in fact I would love to get any of the art editions the all look super sweet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wally Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wally Wood   Wally Wood I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wally Wood
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alter Ego Comic Corner :: General discussion-
Jump to: