Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introduce yourself here.

Go down 
+8
Joe_O
shawn_k
artoo_detour
Johnny U
Gorneesh
DarthTad
kisstour03
Chris_J
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

Introduce yourself here. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Introduce yourself here.   Introduce yourself here. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to Alter Egos. Im Chris, the site Admin and Ive been collecting comics on and off for the past 20 years. My main area is Marvel, but I do collect all areas. Im also into comic related figures, both production and bootleg. Always looking to add to the collection.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com

AuthorMessage
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself here.   Introduce yourself here. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Welcome, Joe!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself here.   Introduce yourself here. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:12 am

Welcome Joe Smile and thank you for your support.
Back to top Go down
Johnny U

Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself here.   Introduce yourself here. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:33 pm

Joe! Glad to see you here! cheers
Back to top Go down
ChrisB

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself here.   Introduce yourself here. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:46 pm

Wow! I can't believe I haven't introduced myself properly! Very Happy

My name is Chris. I'm mostly a vintage Star Wars collector now. However, back in my younger years I read comics a lot! My favorite back then was Spider-Man. I also got into the 2099 series quite a bit and eventually got out around the time of Superman's death.

The last comic I read was the DC graphic novel "Kingdom Come". But I've been really tempted to pick up the Old Man Logan series as well.

While I'm not into reading comics anymore, I still love super hero's and I'm a huge fan of all the comic book movies that are coming out lately. I also am hugely into collecting animation art some of which are from the X-men cartoon series from the 90's.

I hope to see you all around the boards!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself here.   Introduce yourself here. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 6:56 pm

Better late than never Chris. You just say your not reading them now. Give it a few more months and you'll be showing off your newest purchase. lol! Love to see some of that animation cels you got. Been thinking of taking the dive in those and original art, but havent found a nice enough piece in my range to snag yet.
Back to top Go down
RoBoP

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself here.   Introduce yourself here. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 7:41 pm

Seems I've introduced myself in the wrong thread. That's what happens when I don't take the time to explore the threads a bit more carefully...

Hey all,

I'm Robert. I like in The Netherlands. I got here through the Imperial Gunnery forum where I know my good friend Dr. Dengar. I'm not so much of a SW action figure collector though. I'm more of a comic book guy. I've been reading comics since I was a little kid. The dutch weekly anthology comics called "Eppo", "Kuifje" and "Robbedoes" which contained ages comedy strips but also adventure / sci fi stories from europe. It exposed me to Asterix, TinTin, the Smurfs, Trigian Empire, Storm. Mainly the french / belgian comic artists. But I also read the translated american superhero stuff like Spider-Man, The Hulk, Fantastic Four, X-Men and the Avengers. From the UK we had a short run of Judge Dredd comics, which I loved (Dredd vs the Dark Judges. Classic!) and a lot of black and white WW 2 comics (I think Garth Ennis mentions these comics as an influence on him).

Around 1987 I began buying untranslated american comics and besides becoming a Marvel Zombie (buying a lot of Marvel Series) I discovered the world outside of superheroes. The licensed comics of Aliens, Terminator, The Predator over at Dark Horse; Starslammers, Heartburst, Alien Legion, over at Marvel's Epic imprint. And I discovered the amazing world of Manga, through Akira, Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind, Lone Wolf and Cub.

I've survived the dreck that was published in the nineties (got a lot of variant covers in the long boxes) although there was also some good stuff such as the early Valiant Comics (just about everything up to the Unity cross over).

The last decade I'm more into creators than into characters. I'm a fan of Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Howard Chaykin, Garth Ennis, Warren Ellis, Jonathan Hickman. I like the work of Adam Hughes, Frank Cho, Guy Davis, Jose Garcia Lopez, Stuart Immonen, Sean Philips, P. Craig Russell, Mark Schultz, John Romita Jr, Arthur Adams, Al Williamson... too many to mention. I still buy superhero stuff but mostly collections of older work (Marvel Omnibuses, Marvel Masterworks, Marvel Premiere Classic).

It's good to be on a comics forum again and have some fun chat about good comics. See you in the threads!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself here.   Introduce yourself here. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:02 pm

Welcome Robert. Pull up a keyboard and have a good time here. Feel free to talk any comic related topic you like. Or any non comic related topic in the Off Topic section. Drop by chat somethime as well. Chris and I are usually there at some point during the day. We love pics of collections here too.

Again welcome to Alter Ego.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself here.   Introduce yourself here. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:31 pm

Robert, no biggie on posting in the wrong section. I know it will happen again one day and we'll direct that person to the right place. No harm, no foul. We just glad to have you here. And as Paul said, we almost are always in chat somewhere, either here or TIG. Im not all that up-to-date on artists and writers, but I do know some of them.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself here.   Introduce yourself here. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:24 am

Welcome to AECC RoBop (Robert).
Back to top Go down
Andy_A

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself here.   Introduce yourself here. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 9:54 pm

What's up guys!

I'm Andy(GanjaFett on SW forums). I know most of you guys on here from TIG, but hello to anyone I haven't met.

I was born in 1980, so I got some of my older brother's hand me downs. Vintage SW figures, GI Joe, Baseball cards, Comics, etc. My favorite comic memories are the GI Joe comics I read as young kid, and some uncanny x-men issues I had. I got back into comics when Spawn was popular. I still have the first 10 or so Spawn issues. I also enjoyed the Amazing Spider Man series with Carnage and Venom. I'm a big fan of Marvel mostly, and never a big fan of DC. I like the Batman movies, but I remember getting the death of superman issue and thinking it was really lame.

I just bought a piece of original GI Joe/Action Force art made for a sticker album. I'll share it once I get it back from the framers. Then I recently lost a piece of original art on ebay and it really stung. Since then all I can think about is comics and comic art. So, I stopped by my local comic shop and was looking around. They had golden and silver age comics but a Wolverine #1 really caught my eye. Not the 4 part series with the cool finger cover, but the 1988 series #1. It made me happy when I bought it. $40, I don't know if that was super overpriced or not but its nearmint with white pages and no damage I can see to the spine. Now, I think I'm hooked Smile I just tried to dig out my box of comics from the garage but couldn't find them. I'll have to do a complete search sometime soon.

Glad to be here and hope to learn some things from you seasoned comic guys.

Andy A
-Who couldn't believe somebody already took the user name AndyA, I had to use Andy_A. Is there another AndyA on here? (who likes Don's subtexts)

Last edited by Andy_A on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself here.   Introduce yourself here. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:42 pm

Welcome aboard Andy. you're screwed now. Comics are even more of a crack addiction than bootlegs. The damn paper just keeps showing up in your mailbox and coming home in your car when you hit the comic shop. It's all fun and very relaxing.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself here.   Introduce yourself here. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 8:29 am

Hey Andy! I seen in chat last night you were talking about that Wolverine issue. Nice score and price. I just looked and theres no one here using the name AndyA. Cant think of why it wouldnt let you use it.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself here.   Introduce yourself here. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:04 pm

Welcome Andy_A glad to have you on board.
Back to top Go down
Jaxx

Jaxx

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself here.   Introduce yourself here. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 2:40 pm

Hello. My name is Jack. I'm a member of a few SW forums (POTF2, TIG, RS) where my username is Darth Jaxx.
I was pointed in the direction of this forum by one Darth Tad when I saw his post on FB.

Growing up, I was a voracious reader and collector of comic books. Mostly Marvel and especially Thor.
For many, many years (I'm 51 years old) I collected comics. And I had a large Thor collection including comics, posters, statues and action figures.

One of my other obsessions is Star Wars. About 15 years ago I reached a point where I felt I had to focus on just one part of my collecting... so I chose SW and sold 99.9% of my comic-related collection on eBay.
At that point, I had over 15,000 comics and tons of of other toys including MIMB/MOMC MEGOs, statues, shirts, towels, etc.
I made a good bit of money selling it all... but I regret it now. Wish I could have kept it all and continued collecting.
Ah well...

I still have about 10 short boxes of comics that I never got rid of. Mostly for sentimental reasons.
Though I haven't read a comic book that isn't SW-related in 10+ years, I hope to rekindle my long lost passion here and want to share a few pics of the few books I still have that I hope you might find interesting.

Thanks for letting me share.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself here.   Introduce yourself here. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Welcome Jack.

I was outof comic collecting and reading for MANY years till last year. And now I'm hoarding.......I mean collecting whatever and whenever I can.

We have a section for showing off pics of your stuff. Lets see.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself here.   Introduce yourself here. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 3:46 pm

Welcome aboard Jack. good to have you here. Most of us are members of TIG and RS. I dont go to any of those any more for reasons of my own though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself here.   Introduce yourself here. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 10:34 am

Welcome to AECC Jaxx, its good to have you on board, if you want to get back into reading comics this is the right place, we seem to have a good mixture of Marvel fans as well as DC fans.
So enjoy your stay, any questions please feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself here.   Introduce yourself here. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 12:42 pm

Jaxx wrote:
Hello. My name is Jack. I'm a member of a few SW forums (POTF2, TIG, RS) where my username is Darth Jaxx.
I was pointed in the direction of this forum by one Darth Tad when I saw his post on FB.

Growing up, I was a voracious reader and collector of comic books. Mostly Marvel and especially Thor.
For many, many years (I'm 51 years old) I collected comics. And I had a large Thor collection including comics, posters, statues and action figures.

One of my other obsessions is Star Wars. About 15 years ago I reached a point where I felt I had to focus on just one part of my collecting... so I chose SW and sold 99.9% of my comic-related collection on eBay.
At that point, I had over 15,000 comics and tons of of other toys including MIMB/MOMC MEGOs, statues, shirts, towels, etc.
I made a good bit of money selling it all... but I regret it now. Wish I could have kept it all and continued collecting.
Ah well...

I still have about 10 short boxes of comics that I never got rid of. Mostly for sentimental reasons.
Though I haven't read a comic book that isn't SW-related in 10+ years, I hope to rekindle my long lost passion here and want to share a few pics of the few books I still have that I hope you might find interesting.

Thanks for letting me share.

DON'T TRUST THIS BASTARD!! HE WILL DESTROY YOUR CROPS AND EAT YOUR CHILDREN!! YOU CAN TELL I'M VERY SERIOUS BECAUSE THIS IS ALL IN CAPS!!

Ha ha!! Welcome, Jack! It's great to have you on here! I knew you had sold your comic collection, but I didn't know you had so many left. I'm anxious to see what you've got! On here we talk about new releases and stuff, but we also like to discuss Silver and Bronze age stuff, and older titles we're just now reading or re-discovering after many years.

Also, I didn't realize you had such a large Thor collection. I knew you had comics, but I didn't know you had collected all the other paraphernalia like toys and statues.

But feel free to jump in on any discussions or start a new thread if you don't see what you're looking for. Right now we're a pretty small group, but I think we're all trying to keep this site going as best we can.

Sincerely,
Darth Tard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself here.   Introduce yourself here. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself here.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alter Ego Comic Corner :: General discussion-
Jump to: