Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

America's Got Powers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DarthTad
DarthTad

America's Got Powers Empty
PostSubject: America's Got Powers   America's Got Powers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 12:36 am

Another cool Image release this week was America's Got Powers. The premise is that a strange giant crystal appears in San Francisco, and causes every pregnant women in the area to give birth simultanesouly. The kicker is that all of these newborns though are born with powers of some sort.

So of course, the children end up being the center of a Television Show, kind of like American Idol for supes. The kids have to fight there way around deadly robots and obstacles to try and win the competition, all of which is broadcast on television. I don't want to spoil too much, but the first issue seemed to set up a solid plot that I''l be keeping up on.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Powers   America's Got Powers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:48 am

I loved Jonathan Ross's Turf so when he said about this one being released I could not wait, but I was not so sure about the idea of the television show (over here in the UK that type of TV show is a big deal at the moment I think we have 2 or maybe 3 of them on a Saturday night).
Now having read the first one I am loving it.
I even have a copy of America's Got Powers #1 (Forbidden Planet Sketch Variant) Signed by:
Bryan Hitch - Artist
Jonathan Ross - Writer
I was planing on giving it away a free raffle prize on here.
Back to top Go down
madformovies

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Powers   America's Got Powers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 3:50 pm

Jonathan Ross was at Kapow heavily promoting America's Got Powers. There a nice short interview with him here taken after he finished the signings at Kapow

Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Powers   America's Got Powers I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 4:34 pm

Welcome to AECC madformovies, thank you for posting that interview with one of my all time favorite TV/comic book writers, I have never seen that one before.
What did you like about America's got powers?
Back to top Go down
madformovies

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Powers   America's Got Powers I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 5:55 pm

Gorneesh wrote:
Welcome to AECC madformovies, thank you for posting that interview with one of my all time favorite TV/comic book writers, I have never seen that one before.
What did you like about America's got powers?

Thanks, I do like Jonathan Ross - his bit about Superhero Pyjama Cashmere Robe man was hilarious Laughing

I'm a fan of Bryan Hitch and thought the characters were really good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Powers   America's Got Powers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

America's Got Powers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alter Ego Comic Corner :: Image Comics-
Jump to: