Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Market Changes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DarthTad
DarthTad

Market Changes Empty
PostSubject: Market Changes   Market Changes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:06 pm

I thought I'd start a thread where we could discuss what we see in the market, as far as value changes go.

I'll go first.

The Walking Dead #1 has now started selling for $600 plus. Which is awesome if you own one.

Also, The Walking Dead #19 is now going for $200 plus. This one is the first appearance of Michonne, and I'm guessing it will only get hotter with Michonne making her first appearance in the season finale of the AMC T show.

What other market trends have you guys been seeing?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

Market Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market Changes   Market Changes I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:21 am

The X-Force/Cable issues for the Messiah War has went down in price. The other month you couldnt touch those things for under $30 each. I got my first ones at my local shop for cover price and picked the last one up on Ebay last night (X-Force #15) for $2.99. I dont normally keep up with current prices that much unless its a book from the golden to silver age era I need. Theres just too many books in the cheap bins at shops and you can pick up in lots on Ebay to really gauge newer stuff. Like the new 52 from DC. When they first hit, prices skyrocketed. Now they are starting to drop a bit now. Like now. Batman #6 is sitting at $7.50 out of the gate and expected to rise more. In a couple months, the price will drop back down to cover.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

Market Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market Changes   Market Changes I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 10:05 am

I can't comment on this segment of the hobby at all. I'm totally cluless to the prices of valuable issues. It's something I never give any thought to.

I do find some comics prices silly though. in my view Walking Dead comcis are only "worth alot of money" because the show is so hot right now. $600 bucks for a modern comic??? Really??? Makes no sense to this old paper hoarder.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthTad
DarthTad

Market Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market Changes   Market Changes I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:32 pm

kisstour03 wrote:
I can't comment on this segment of the hobby at all. I'm totally cluless to the prices of valuable issues. It's something I never give any thought to.

I do find some comics prices silly though. in my view Walking Dead comcis are only "worth alot of money" because the show is so hot right now. $600 bucks for a modern comic??? Really??? Makes no sense to this old paper hoarder.

I'm sure the show has added to its value, but before the show ever came out it was going between $300-400.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

Market Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market Changes   Market Changes I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 5:57 pm

Really?? WOW!!
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthTad
DarthTad

Market Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market Changes   Market Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:07 am

Walking Dead #1 is now listing at $750. I think it will continue to rise in the short term as well, because of the show, and the buzz over issue #100 that hits next month.

Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

Market Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market Changes   Market Changes I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 1:03 pm

Walking Dead #1 continues to increase in value. I've seen a few ungraded NM copies on e-bay over the $1,000 mark. Just phenomenal. So I read a discussion about this on another forum, and was curious what you guys think about it.

It's amazing to me to have a modern book go from $2.99 to over $1K in about 9 years. Will it sustain in the long run? My thoughts are that it will. Even when the show is over, and the title eventually ends, I think this book has a significant historical value. I think it changed the way Zombie/horror books are viewed, and really opened it up to a new audience. It's not just the horror freaks that read and like it. Hell, even my wife loves the show, and she completely hated every other Zombie movie I've made her sit through.
Back to top Go down
Johnny U

Johnny U

Market Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market Changes   Market Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:37 am

Tad on eBay a copy of Walking Dead #1 CGC graded @ 9.8 sold for $2695.00 on Sept 1 is that not totally insane?!
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

Market Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market Changes   Market Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 5:04 pm

Johnny U wrote:
Tad on eBay a copy of Walking Dead #1 CGC graded @ 9.8 sold for $2695.00 on Sept 1 is that not totally insane?!

Crazy. I just saw a CGC 9.8 #27 went for $355 too. That's the first appearance of the Governor. Crazy numbers. I'm glad I got all mine when I did!
Back to top Go down
Johnny U

Johnny U

Market Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market Changes   Market Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 5:14 pm

You actually have some of those Tad? That's so awesome which ones do you have?
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

Market Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market Changes   Market Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 5:17 pm

Johnny U wrote:

I have every issue of Walking Dead. There are a handful of variant covers I'm missing, but I have at least a first printing of every one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Johnny U

Johnny U

Market Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market Changes   Market Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 5:18 pm

Tad I was looking in the completed listings and on Sept 12 a copy of Walking Dead#27 CGC 9.8 went for $493!
Back to top Go down
Johnny U

Johnny U

Market Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market Changes   Market Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 5:19 pm

DarthTad wrote:
Johnny U wrote:

I have every issue of Walking Dead. There are a handful of variant covers I'm missing, but I have at least a first printing of every one. Very Happy

Wow?! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Johnny U

Johnny U

Market Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market Changes   Market Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 5:21 pm

How much did you pay for #1 #19 and #27 if you don't mind me asking? I bet you could make a hell f a profit right now! But I would hold on to those just for bragging rights! cheers
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

Market Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market Changes   Market Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 6:22 pm

I believe I paid about $250 for #1. I remember being skeptical about whether or not to do it at the time. I'm glad I did. I don't think I paid more $5 for any other books other than 1-7 then. That was just a couple of years ago, and just the first few had any real value. And #61 was a little more just because it has the flip book with the first appearance of Chew on the back. I have a bunch of my Walking Deads signed too. I didn't want to touch number 1, but I did have Kirkman sign the other cover for #1, since it was just I'm the $20-30 range.

I'll dig them out and post pics hopefully tonight or tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Johnny U

Johnny U

Market Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market Changes   Market Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 7:09 pm

Awesome! I will check back tomorrow
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

Market Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market Changes   Market Changes I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:45 am

Johnny U wrote:
Awesome! I will check back tomorrow

Hey Johnny, I posted a few collection pics in my limelight thread to check out. Hope you like!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Market Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market Changes   Market Changes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Market Changes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alter Ego Comic Corner :: Comic Collecting-
Jump to: