Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Valiant Thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Johnny U

Johnny U

Valiant Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Valiant Thread    Valiant Thread  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:40 pm

This is the Valiant thread Very Happy

http://valiantentertainment.com/

Last edited by kisstour03 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link to website.)
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

Valiant Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valiant Thread    Valiant Thread  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:35 pm

So it looks like Harbinger will be joining the Valiant relaunch this summer, too!

Harbinger Launch

I have to admit, I know absolutely nothing about Harbinger, or X-O Manowar, or really any of the Valiant titles. The only thing I remember were those X-O Manowar Chrome Covers that everyone jumped on.

What do you like about them, Johnny? Worth picking up?
Back to top Go down
Johnny U

Johnny U

Valiant Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valiant Thread    Valiant Thread  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 5:27 pm

I like Magnus the Robot Fighter, Rai and Turok I had some as a kid but at that time their popularity pushed the prices through the roof so I couldn't get them. Now I'm just getting back into them but they excite me and make me happy.
Back to top Go down
Johnny U

Johnny U

Valiant Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valiant Thread    Valiant Thread  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:11 pm

Picked this one up just now can't wait till it comes in so I can read it!
Valiant Thread  Rai0
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

Valiant Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valiant Thread    Valiant Thread  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:50 pm

Valiant has released more news on their re-launch. The third title will be Bloodshot.

Valiant Thread  22346Bloodshot_LG

And they will be releasing news of a 4th title very soon as well.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

Valiant Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valiant Thread    Valiant Thread  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:39 pm

And just announced, the 4th Valiant re-launch will be Archer and Armstrong.

Valiant Thread  Aa
Back to top Go down
Johnny U

Johnny U

Valiant Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valiant Thread    Valiant Thread  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:02 pm

Man I'm so excited! I found a list of the order in which to read all the Valiants so I'm super excited! if anyone decides to take the plunge, it's here: www.valiantfans.com
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

Valiant Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valiant Thread    Valiant Thread  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:25 pm

I read some of the older stuff, but for some reason, I just couldnt get into them. Guess Ill have to re-read them to see if my thoughts have changed. I know the art work wasnt all that appealing to me when they came out. Hopefull that will change with the re-launch.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

Valiant Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valiant Thread    Valiant Thread  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:12 pm

I think I picked up some of the older stuff way back when, but like Chris I never got into it, looking at the new picks that Tad has posted it looks like they are going for it again and looks like it might be worth picking up a copy or two to give them another go.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

Valiant Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valiant Thread    Valiant Thread  I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 6:29 am

I picked up XO-Manowar last weekend and I have to say Im impressed. The art looks fantastic compared to the first series stuff and the story has me hooked all ready. It had a preview for Harbinger in it and it looks sweet too. Harbinger is on sale in June with Bloodshot in July and Archer and Armstrong in August. If they keep up like this, I might be a Valiant fan soon. Hope they have plans to do Turok and Ninjak also.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com
RoBoP

Valiant Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valiant Thread    Valiant Thread  I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 8:08 am

Always like the Valiant stuff till the end of the Unity crossover. After that I think they got caught up in the comics bubble of the 90ies, wanting to pump out title after title, instead of focussing on their existing line and keeping quality up. A shame, cause I loved reading Harbinger, Magnus, Dr. Solar, X-O and Archer & Armstrong.

I'm probably going to try the trades when they get around to publish those.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

Valiant Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valiant Thread    Valiant Thread  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:16 pm

I've read the first issues of X-O Manowar, and Harbinger so far. I knew nothing about either going in, though. X-O Manowar was good, but not what I expected. Not in a bad way though. Based on the cover I just had it in my head that it was going to be like a space comic. It looked like a space suit to me. SO it was cool that it took place in Medieval times.

Also, I LOVED Harbinger! In fact, I made it my pick of the week on the podcast. I thought it was really interesting, and really well written. I'm pretty hooked for the next issue. It seems like there's lots of different ways it can go to stay interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Valiant Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valiant Thread    Valiant Thread  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Valiant Thread
Page 1 of 1