Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official Avengers Thread *Spoilers*

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DarthTad
DarthTad

The Official Avengers Thread *Spoilers* Empty
PostSubject: The Official Avengers Thread *Spoilers*   The Official Avengers Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:12 pm

Discuss all Avengers related titles here, including Secret Avengers, Avengers, New Avengers, Avengers Academy, etc.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: The Official Avengers Thread *Spoilers*   The Official Avengers Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:22 pm

So I'm stoked on Avengers right now, especially with the movie coming out, and Avengers vs. X-Men coming soon. But it seems to me that this whole kind of "who polices the super heroes" thing they have going right now reminds me too much of the Civil War storyline. You know, super heroes are great, but who do they answer to? That kind of thing.

Although Norman Osborn is a cool nemesis. And this week it appears that Skaar Son of Hulk was a good guy all along that just infiltrated the Dark Avengers, which will be totally rad its that's the case.

I'm guessing this is the lead in for AVX, with maybe the X-Men being the voice of reason and the Avengers crossing the line somehow?
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: The Official Avengers Thread *Spoilers*   The Official Avengers Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:02 pm

I've never been much of an Avengers reader over the years. Or a "Team Book" reader in general. I'm trying to broaden my horizons this time around falling into the great comics abyss.

So in that vein I picked up Secret Avengers issue 21.1 to try out. I like the point 1 books from Marvel. Their purpose is to let you know a good jumping on point for a given comic. And just getting into certain books for the first time they are really handy for someone like me. Anyway I picked "Secret Avengers" over the regular Avengers just because I like the black ops idea of the book.

I really liked this issue. Cap and Hawkeye are a cool pair. The story of Cap testing Hawkeye as the new possible leader of Secret Avengers really explored the character of Hawkeye in a few short pages. I'll be picking up other books from this series for sure now. And the nice thing is I don't have to wait long. There's been a few more issues printed since this one so I can stock up. cheers

So dang it another gets added to the pull list.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Avengers Thread *Spoilers*   The Official Avengers Thread *Spoilers* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Avengers Thread *Spoilers*
Page 1 of 1