Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Non-Current DC Stories Are You Reading Now?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DarthTad
DarthTad

What Non-Current DC Stories Are You Reading Now? Empty
PostSubject: What Non-Current DC Stories Are You Reading Now?   What Non-Current DC Stories Are You Reading Now? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:28 am

So, just like the Marvel version of this thread, I wanted a place to discuss older stories that we're just discovering, free from ridicule and snobbery. cheers

For DC, there are a few titles I'm just now discovering.

First off, my somewhat recent man-crush on Garth Ennis led me to finally start reading Preacher. I bought the first TPB a few months ago, and I LOVED IT!! I always remembered hearing about it, even when I wasn't active into comics. I had no idea who this Garth Ennis Fella was, though, and never gave it a second thought. Man, I'm glad I finally started it. Volume 1 was great, and I recently picked up Volume 2 and can't wait to get started. I'm definitely going to go back too and track down all the individual issues for my collection.

Another story I hate to admit never reading is Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns. (Throw tomatoes now) But I finally got the trade, and it's on my short list to read, too. I think the reason I never read it, was because it seemed like when I was younger all the issues were like a kajillion dollars, so it just never happened. But now I can finally understand what all the hub but is about. All I know is Batman has really short ears, and Robin is a girl. I can't wait to fill in all the other gaps.

So what older DC stories are you just now "discovering?"

I'm really excited for these threads, because I think they will be a great place for new readers to find suggestions for older stories that they might not otherwise have heard about.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: What Non-Current DC Stories Are You Reading Now?   What Non-Current DC Stories Are You Reading Now? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 2:26 pm

One of theirs that I don't think I will ever stop reading is Neil Gaiman's The Sandman series.
I just love the story, art (most of the time) and the ideas behind it.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: What Non-Current DC Stories Are You Reading Now?   What Non-Current DC Stories Are You Reading Now? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:44 pm

A few weeks ago I was able to score all 12 issues of Grant Morrison's All-Star Superman. I think you mentioned it before, Paul?

Anyhoo, I was just able to finally read it a couple of days ago, and what a great story!! If you haven't read it, it's worth picking up. Sad, and exciting, and not overly complicated. I highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: What Non-Current DC Stories Are You Reading Now?   What Non-Current DC Stories Are You Reading Now? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:21 pm

After Chris and I were talking old comics the other night in chat, I dug out a couple of old issues of Superman Family. Not really a "story" but each issue had three or four seperate stories in them. They were quirkey for sure and downright cheesy too. But that's the appeal of them for me. Totally uncomplicated and fun to read. MAkes me want to track down the whole run now.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Non-Current DC Stories Are You Reading Now?   What Non-Current DC Stories Are You Reading Now? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Non-Current DC Stories Are You Reading Now?
Page 1 of 1