Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

International Toy Werks?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DarthTad
DarthTad

International Toy Werks? Empty
PostSubject: International Toy Werks?   International Toy Werks? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 6:03 pm

So, thanks you jerks I've decided to start dabbling more into comic toys. The first place I wanted to start was with DC Super Powers from 1986, and I found a few awesome ones on e-bay that I'm bidding on.

How does this relate to bootlegs, you ask? Well, while researching this toy line, I kept seeing these strange toys on Super Powers cards made by a company called "International Toy Werks" as opposed to Kenner.

Here's a BIN for Gleek like this.

ITW Gleek

So I'm assuming this is a bootleg of some kind? I could find any info on any of the legit Super Powers sites I found. But there a TON on e-bay from this same seller. Are they customs? If so, why are they so damn expensive.

Please learn me about these new fangled toy thingies. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: International Toy Werks?   International Toy Werks? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 6:59 pm

Those are customs to the fullest. Those things have been around for the past 3-4 years now. The guy who made them also made a Bruce Lee and several other characters that was never made. The reason why they are so high is cause the seller might not no no better on what they have and see what other SP stufff goes for. If you take a closer look at the card, it says its not a toy in the upper right hand corner. On the bottom left corner it says its an art sculpture. Those 2 things are a dead give away that they are not legit pieces.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: International Toy Werks?   International Toy Werks? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:35 pm

Good to know! Thanks, Chris! I'm curious if this guy has ever actually sold any?
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: International Toy Werks?   International Toy Werks? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Welcome to the world of Super Powers Tad. I have to post up the few I have. Including some Joker first shots.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: International Toy Werks?   International Toy Werks? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:56 pm

The seller you posted, not sure. But the guy who was selling them to begin with did, and quite a few of them. People were thinking they were part of some unproduced SP figures, but when they got them in, the limbs were falling off the figures. Nothing good at all. They are nice conversation pieces, but other than that, I wouldnt pay no more than $20 a pop for any of them. Just not worth spending the cash for them.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: International Toy Werks?   International Toy Werks? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

International Toy Werks?
Page 1 of 1