Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My First Original Art

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DarthTad
DarthTad

My First Original Art Empty
PostSubject: My First Original Art   My First Original Art I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:25 pm

Recently my LCS had an artist signing, and one of the guest was Brian Augustyn, who has been invloved with DC for a long time as a writer and editor. He happened to be selling original comic art, and I jumped at the chance to finally own some.

Here's the first page I got, from Flash #313 from 1982. I liked it because it had Flash and Grodd.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He was nice enough to write a bit on the back to provide prevenance for the life of the piece, too

The second page I bought was from Flash Vol.2 #122. from 1997.

He did the same on the back of this one.

He was a really fun guy to chat with, and he has tons of stories. I especially like seeing al lthe notes, and pasted on dialogue. It's like having a piece of history. I need to find a way to frame them securely, though, that still shows the back. I want to be able to show people his notes.

Back to top Go down
Johnny U

Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: My First Original Art   My First Original Art I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 5:24 pm

I'm soooooo jealous!! Soooooooooo jealous!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: My First Original Art   My First Original Art I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:50 pm

SWEET!!!! I've really become a Flash fan this past year. so I really love these.

Maybe when you get them framed have the back of the frame left open where the notes are so you can take it off the wall when you show people.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: My First Original Art   My First Original Art I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:50 am

kisstour03 wrote:
SWEET!!!! I've really become a Flash fan this past year. so I really love these.

Maybe when you get them framed have the back of the frame left open where the notes are so you can take it off the wall when you show people.

Good idea! I jsut want to make sure they're done right, too, with acid-free materials, etc. I feel like a museum curator now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My First Original Art   My First Original Art I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My First Original Art
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alter Ego Comic Corner :: Original Art and animation cels-
Jump to: