Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marvel Now!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

Marvel Now! Empty
PostSubject: Marvel Now!   Marvel Now! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:58 pm

So after AVX is done showering us with mediocrity we're going to have the MARVEL NOW! era begin. it's not going to be a total reboot from what i've read. But there are going to be lots of new #1 issues and other stuff going on. I know for sure they've announced that Incredible Hulk will be ending with issue #15 and it looks like it will restart yet again. And the word is it will follow the mold of the new Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. cartoon thats coming out soon. Uncanny Avengers is another title announced, and its supposed to be X-Men and Avengers on the same team scratch .

So what do you guys think of this?? I'm gicing it a wait and see attitude. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthTad
DarthTad

Marvel Now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Now!   Marvel Now! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:29 pm

I'm not sure about this. It's all a little vague right now. I need to wait and see more. I don't think I like that they're releassing a new title every week for months. I liked the New 52 approach of a clean break, and a clean beginning for all the titles. No figuring out who and what is getting rebooted and when.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

Marvel Now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Now!   Marvel Now! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 5:01 pm

More info on MAARVEL NOW! out today on CBR. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40400

I'm actually looking forward to what the new creative team (whatever their names are) will do with Hulk. I think I may finally give Iron Man a try and for sure will be picking up Captain America. Still not sure about Thor or Fantastic Four. DANG IT!!!!! I need to chop down my pull lsit not increase it. LOL
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

Marvel Now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Now!   Marvel Now! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Ill pick up the first few to see how it goes. It will be interesting to check out the Uncanny Avengers title to see how they meld together. But as for re-launching a title that was just re-launched, I think its overkill. They did it with the Heroes Reborn arc and now we have 5 (6 really) volumes of the core titles (Cap, FF, Iron Man, etc.). I think its a stupid move really. Just like when they re-launched Uncanny Xmen. All it did was pick up where vol.1 left off. So why re-launch it if your not going to re-do the story?
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

Marvel Now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Now!   Marvel Now! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:30 pm

Another article on CBR today about MARVELNOW! http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40467

I'm really starting to get excited about this thing. It's having the very effect Marvel wants it to have on me. It's making me want to buy comics. LOL. The whole thing may suck ass. But the interviews with the writers that are going to do Indestructible Hulk and Captain America are so full of evergy and positive vibes that I think they will be winners. I really can't wait. Time to save my pennies.

So far I'm wanting to check out: Indestructible Hulk, Iron-Man, Thor: God Of thunder, Captain America, and even maybe The Fantastic Four and FF. Still not sure about checking out X-Men titles. and may check The Avengers and Uncanny Avengers to see. Damn comics. LOL
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

Marvel Now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Now!   Marvel Now! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 1:19 pm

At this point, there have been a couple of the Marvel Now releases. I'm underwhelmed. When DC did the New 52, it seemed like a much bigger event, and many of the titles are way better now than they were before the big New 52 relaunch.

But the Marvel Now stuff seems like their just continuing continuity, changing things to #1, and losing lots of good creative teams. Granted, we're still really early in the process, so maybe the biggies, like Captain America, Thor, and Spidey, will make a better impact. I'm not betting on it, though.

I'm especially bummed that issue 700 will be the last Amazing Spider-Man issue. Their replacing it with I think Spectacular Spider-Man.

Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

Marvel Now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Now!   Marvel Now! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 3:37 pm

They're replacing Amazing with "Superior Spider-Man". And have all kinds of stuff indicating it might or might not be Perter Parker as Spidy. I still haven't decided if I'll bother with it. I haven't read any Spidy titles except Avenging Spider-Man since coming back to comics last year.

As for the other current NOW! releases. I haven't picked up any yet. I'm so tight in the finances department I'm being super picky about what I'm grabbing right now. I'm waiting for Indestructable Hulk and the new Captain America to get rolling. I'm also curious about the new Secret Avengers and Nova coming out in February.
Back to top Go down
Johnny U

Johnny U

Marvel Now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Now!   Marvel Now! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 9:37 pm

Went to my LCS on Saturday and the little old lady that runs it didn't even have a clue what Marvel Now was. I have no idea how she stays open when she doesn't anything comics related. We need a real shop. I'm looking forward to Deadpool and Cap Am
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

Marvel Now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Now!   Marvel Now! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:58 pm

The new Cap series sounds like it will be pretty good. I just read an article over on CBR. OSunds very creative and different. The new Hulk series also sounds like it will be fresh and new. anything will be better than Pig Hulks.

And I know it's not a NOW! title per say, but I'm really looking forward to Red She-Hulk. I'm waiting for the first issue to arrive in the mail, #58, I hope its as good as the Red Hulk it replaced.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

Marvel Now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Now!   Marvel Now! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:47 am

Paul, I wasn't too keen on the new Red She-Hulk book. But I will say the Red Hulk leading the new Thunderbolts team looks pretty badass. I'm definitely grabbing that!
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

Marvel Now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Now!   Marvel Now! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 2:39 pm

This whole Marvel Now thing seems (like most things) to have passed me buy, so after taking to Paul about the Thor god of thunder books Im going to give this a go, it looks like a good point in time for me (not a huge marvel fan) to join in with all new story arks.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

Marvel Now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Now!   Marvel Now! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 4:08 pm

Thus far I've actually liked most of the Marvel Now books. All-New X-Men is good, which is a big deal for me to say, because I've been frustrated with all the x-books for a long time. I've dropped a bunch of them, but I dig All-New.

I think the only ones I haven't been keen on is Red She-Hulk, and Avengers Arena. I dropped AA because it super sucked.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

Marvel Now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Now!   Marvel Now! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 6:47 pm

I haven't read AA and won't. didn't appeal to me. I'm liking Red She-Hulk more with each issue.

Indestructible Hulk is going to get better as we develope the plot ic an tell. And the new direction in Captain America is interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marvel Now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Now!   Marvel Now! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marvel Now!
Page 1 of 1