Share | 

MARS ATTACKS!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gorneesh
world moderators

PostSubject: MARS ATTACKS!!!!!   Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:02 pm

Today I have read the new Mars attacks comic from IDW
As a fan of the Mars attacks franchise I was stoked by the news of a new comic coming out, and to be honest I think I was going to love this comic before it even came out, and I was not disappointed, this comic is amazing.
The story I think we all know or its not that hard to guess what its about by the title, But I like what they have done with this one so far, my only worry is how long before they run out of ideas or the story gets a bit weak?
One thing that I liked was that the Martian dialogue isn’t translated for the reader so you can add your own for them, and John McCrea's artwork is out of this world (I would love to get some of the original art from this to own)
The other really cool thing is that the comic comes with 55 variant covers which are the original trading card set.
All in all its a good little comic that you don't have to think to hard about you can just read it and enjoy it.

Last edited by Gorneesh on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: MARS ATTACKS!!!!!   Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:43 pm

Agreed. I thought it was a cool read, too. I liked the timeline, how it jumped back and forth a bit.

But I was actually turned off by the 55 variant covers. That's just too many for me. I din't know about them until I picked mine up and the shop owner told me. Kind of a cool idea, and I understand why they did it, but to me it's just frustrating as a completionist to know I'll never have them all.

PostSubject: Re: MARS ATTACKS!!!!!   Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:28 am

Issue 2 of this was good too. I'm quickly becoming a Mars Attacks fan. John Layman is just a great writer.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: MARS ATTACKS!!!!!   Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:29 pm

Only have issue 1 so far and really liked it. i'm sure I'll be just as happy with issue 2 and on to issue 2000001111.

http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MARS ATTACKS!!!!!   

Back to top Go down

MARS ATTACKS!!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1