Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alright we're two issues into the New 52 "Second Wave"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

Alright we're two issues into the New 52 "Second Wave" Empty
PostSubject: Alright we're two issues into the New 52 "Second Wave"   Alright we're two issues into the New 52 "Second Wave" I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 7:10 pm

I thought I'd give a little review of the second issues of the "Second Wave" of the New 52. Well three of them anyway. I don't read every comic DC puts out. I need to eat too.

POTENTIAL SPOLIERS!!!!!!!!! POTENTIAL SPOILERS!!!!!!!! POTENTIAL SPOLIERS!!!!!!! POTENTIAL SPOILERS!!!!!!!

Earth 2- I FREAKING LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!! We're only two issues in but it's pretty sweet this one. The art and story are sharp and fast paced. Don't ask me who the artist and writer are. I have no idea. i never look at that. I just like the pretty pictures. The new Flash is going to be cool I think. I liked the origin story. His costume grew on me by the end of the issue. Anyone else notice his costume looks a bit like Captain Marvel. The Marvel Marvel not the DC Marvel. So I know nothing about Mr. Terrific so that part of the issue was lost on me. And the "Allan Scott is gay" part of the story wasn't in your face and was handled nicly. Too bad his boyfriend is either going to die or be a bad guy after the train explosion. If they keep this one at the pace and tone set so far, it'll be a winner for alot of cool issues to come. It's going on the monthly pull list.

Worlds' Finest- I really am falling in love with this one too. Again the writing and art are sweet ass awesome. And again I have no clue who does either job. Whoever they are they are doing a fine job of telling the story "now" and telling us little-by-little what happened to Power Girl and Huntress in the years previous. You just know though that Batman is going to show up at some point with Huntress taking large sums of money out of Wayne Enterprises accounts. That'll be fun times. What I rally like about this one is the relationship between Powergirl and Huntress. it's funny and sweet. It's "Making our way in an unknown world" at it's finest. This one is also getting put on the pull list dang it.

GI Combat- Oh GI Combat hoiw I want to say you blew me away like issue 1. But alas I can't. This one was sub par for me. The ary was fine. The writing was fine. But I think this book suffers from the fact that it's two stories. I think if thet went to the format like DC Universe Presents, where they have one storyline for 3-6 issues would really help out. And the "War That Time Forgot" seems to suffer more from being cut short then "Unknown Soldier". I'll keep picking it up. But it's on probation.

Them's my thoughts. How bout you guys and gals???

Last edited by kisstour03 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Alright we're two issues into the New 52 "Second Wave"   Alright we're two issues into the New 52 "Second Wave" I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:28 pm

I've read both issues of Earth 2 and just the first issue of World's Finest, and GI Combat.

Earth 2 has been really cool. It's interesting to see the alternate reality and see the Justice Society be the focal point. Although I'm not too keen on the Flash's costume. I was hoping for the old army hat with wings.

Also, issue 2 was the big reveal of Alan Scott being gay, and Mr. Teriffic being thrown into Earth 2.

As for World's Finest, I do like it, too. It's kind of the opposite or Earth 2 though, as it's people from Earth 2 somehow being stuck here on Earth 1 right? Or am I just confused?

And I normally don't like War books, but GI Combat was really good. I especially liked the artwork in the first half with the dinosaurs. It's weird enough to keep my attention.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Alright we're two issues into the New 52 "Second Wave"   Alright we're two issues into the New 52 "Second Wave" I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 7:07 pm

Three issues into the series now and i'm still loving Earth 2 and Worlds Finest. GI Combat is sliding closer to the edge of not being picked up again. I so want to love it but it's stuck at "MEH" right now. Issue 4 is d to wrap up the War That Time Forgot story. Maybe the next wave of stories will pick it up.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Alright we're two issues into the New 52 "Second Wave"   Alright we're two issues into the New 52 "Second Wave" I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:34 am

I'm behind on World's Finest and GI Combat, but I'm really liking Earth 2. It's cool to see DC give some love to the old Justice Society guys.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Alright we're two issues into the New 52 "Second Wave"   Alright we're two issues into the New 52 "Second Wave" I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:18 pm

Tad I'd say run out and get worlds Finest caught up. It's really good. If you haven't been following I Combat i'd say give it a pass til the new story kicks in after issue 4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alright we're two issues into the New 52 "Second Wave"   Alright we're two issues into the New 52 "Second Wave" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alright we're two issues into the New 52 "Second Wave"
Page 1 of 1