Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Comic addiction support group

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisB

Comic addiction support group Empty
PostSubject: Comic addiction support group   Comic addiction support group I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:39 pm

My name is Chris and I'm officially being sucked back into comic books.

Please help!

After watching the Avengers this weekend my mind started spinning on what all I missed and what all the possibilities for a sequel could bring. So the next logical step was to download the Marvel Comics app (which if you don't have it, is actually quite cool) and purchase a bunch of comics. I'm plowing through the Infinity Gauntlet at record speed!

Please help!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Comic addiction support group   Comic addiction support group I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:47 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Welcome to what we call "The Paper Side"

Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Comic addiction support group   Comic addiction support group I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:22 pm

I knew we would get you sucked into it sooner or later. Infinity Gauntlet is a killer story. You have to read Infinity War next.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com
ChrisB

PostSubject: Re: Comic addiction support group   Comic addiction support group I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:54 am

Chris_J wrote:
I knew we would get you sucked into it sooner or later. Infinity Gauntlet is a killer story. You have to read Infinity War next.

Finished Infinity Gauntlet last night!

So... Infinity War is next then, eh? Very Happy

I'm still debating what I should do next. I've heard good things about Old Man Logan as well. I'm also very intrigued by the Civil War story arc, so I'm looking into that.

Any other recommendations? Very Happy

Good lord... this is turning into another hobby!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Comic addiction support group   Comic addiction support group I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 3:16 pm

ChrisB wrote:
Any other recommendations? Very Happy

Yeah. All of them. Very Happy

I can't recommenbd any specific story arcs. But I can recommend picking up The Savage Hawkman, Batgirl, Resurrection Man and Frankenstein Agent Of S.H.A.D.E., The Flash, Detective Comics from DCs New 52.

From Marvel try out Winter Soldier and The Scarlet Spider those two series are awesome.

From Dynamite Entertainment I say pick up Jennifer Blood, Red Sonja, Lord Of The Jungle, The Shadow and The Spider even though I haven't read it yet.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Comic addiction support group   Comic addiction support group I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 3:46 pm

Welcome to the world of comics ChrisB, as for what comics to checkout my recommendations would be
Punisher and winter soldier from Marvel
The Shadow from Dynamite
Crossed Badlands from Avatar
Infact the list would be to long the best thing to do is go down your LCS and just pick up what you like the look of

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Comic addiction support group   Comic addiction support group I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:30 pm

Civil War is a good story line, but it has so many cross-over titles its not funny. Theres also Infinity Crusade, Spidermans Brand New Day, Spidr Island, World War Hulk (cant believe Paul didnt recommened that one. Very Happy ), and of the first Ultimates titles,. But the best way is find a title you might like and try it out. If you do, look up everything out for it and see what titles crossover with it. Thats an easy way to get hooked on whats out there and you'll be able to see what you like the best.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Comic addiction support group   Comic addiction support group I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:06 pm

Like Paul said, the New 52 is a good starting point, since they're only 9 or 10 issues in right now. I can't recommend Batman enough. Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo have done a fantastic job on it. You can get the first few issues in a trade already, too.

But what type of comics do you like?

If it's foul-mouthed anti-heroes, I highly recommend The Boys.

If it's Zombies, The Walking Dead is great.

If you want a mind puzzling twist and turns book, Morning Glories is a great one.

I say, flip through a few at the comic shop, and you'll usually know right away what strikes your fancy.

And welcome to the forums!!!
Back to top Go down
ChrisB

PostSubject: Re: Comic addiction support group   Comic addiction support group I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:21 pm

So I took a little breather from reading so I could get some work done around the house. Very Happy

However, I just picked up the first issue of Infinity War! Me likey so far! Very Happy

I think the next series I'm going to get is Old Man Logan. I've heard nothing but good things about that story so that's where my focus will be next.

I guess for me, it's mostly about the story, but really about reading the whole thing in one go, like with a trade or collection. I guess I'm just getting too lazy (and my wallet hates me enough as it is) to chase down every comic in the story arc. Very Happy That's what is so appealing about the Marvel app. It highlights all the issues in the story and you can sort through them and pick them up at your leisure.

So any recommendations on good stories would be great! I've also heard great things about Batman Year One and Killing Joke (sorry Chris, I know this is the Marvel forum). Wink
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Comic addiction support group   Comic addiction support group I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:42 pm

Chris, I moved this to general discussion since its more a recommendation thread. Hope thats cool with you.

As for Kiliing Joke. Its awesome. If your going to dive into Batman stories, heres my list.

Dark Joker: Jokers Wild
Bloodstorm
Batman/Punisher: Lake of Fire
Scottish Connection
Master of the Future

Those are just a few I have in my collection for Batman. For other titles, theres a ton of them

Wolverine

Scorpio Rising
Knight of Terra
Rahne of Terra
Jungle Adventure
Wolverine Saga

X-Men

any of the story arcs is good

Superman

Doomsday War

But to really get into a title, check out any of the omnibus' and you'll be hooked for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comic addiction support group   Comic addiction support group I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comic addiction support group
Page 1 of 1