Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official Wonder Woman Thread *Spoiler Alert*

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DarthTad
DarthTad

The Official Wonder Woman Thread *Spoiler Alert* Empty
PostSubject: The Official Wonder Woman Thread *Spoiler Alert*   The Official Wonder Woman Thread *Spoiler Alert* I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 12:31 am

I just realized that we hadn't started a thread for the Wonder Woman title yet!

So what are your thoughts about the Brian Azzarello reboot? It's strange, but cool for me. Wonder Woman is now the half-daughter of Zeus, so the cast of supporting characters are mostly Greek Gods.

Also, this last issue told the tale of the Amazonian women making a pilgrimage to have sex with the men on passing ships, in order to procreate. The disturbing part was that those that were born boys, were traded to an arms maker as slaves, in exchange for weapons. Kind of a strange tale.

Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wonder Woman Thread *Spoiler Alert*   The Official Wonder Woman Thread *Spoiler Alert* I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 3:44 pm

I'm still waiting for issue #7 to arrive in the mail. My shop sold out the day before I got there to pick stuff up. Evil or Very Mad That's what I get for not having a pull list account. Embarassed i fixed that problem this week. cheers

Anyway. Being six issues in for my own reading at this point I have to say the series is growing on me. There's little points that still kinda bug me. One of them isn't the revalation that Diana is the daughter of Zeus. For me in the end the birth of the character doesn't effect the way I read the book. I do wish they would hurry up and show us her powers. I like knowing what my heroes can do. So far we've seen she can swing a sword. Not enough magic lasso for my liking and we haven't seen her fly yet. I don't think.

Looking forward to more from my favorite female superhero.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wonder Woman Thread *Spoiler Alert*   The Official Wonder Woman Thread *Spoiler Alert* I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 5:43 pm

I read WW #7 last night. I'm really liking the whole "God Family" dynamic they're building. Quite different from previous versins of theWW mythos.

The whole Amazons having sex with passing ships sailors is a little different. But now i'm a little confused. Are the Amazons immortal n this version of the DCU or not? And how would WW not know this was going on?? Was she that removed from the rest of her sisters? I guess it really doesn't matter. Issue 8 came out today. Can't wait to grab it and see what happens next.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wonder Woman Thread *Spoiler Alert*   The Official Wonder Woman Thread *Spoiler Alert* I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:21 pm

HOLY CRAP!!!!!! Wonder Woman is shot at the end of issue #8!!!!!!! And Hades is planning a wedding. This'll be interesting.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wonder Woman Thread *Spoiler Alert*   The Official Wonder Woman Thread *Spoiler Alert* I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 5:14 pm

I'm still enjoying this version of WW. I know others are all pissy with the changes. But it's comics. Go read your old ones for your fix of you fav character. I'm thinking once they get this long initial story out of the way we'll see a more normal WW series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wonder Woman Thread *Spoiler Alert*   The Official Wonder Woman Thread *Spoiler Alert* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Wonder Woman Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Page 1 of 1