International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Super Crooks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthTad

PostSubject: Super Crooks   Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:54 pm

Here's another new title came out this week under the Icon/Millarworld imprint.

Super Crooks!

This was a cool book that honestly, I had no idea was coming out until I saw it at the comic shop on Wednesday. I tend to like Mark Millar's stuff, so I took a chance on this one. Again, I really sunk my teeth into this one!

The basic plot of this book is that there are Superheroes and Supervillains, but it is told from the perspective of the super villains. And it's told really well. There are moments of introspection when they wonder why they bother being criminals in a world of super heroes. Some have even reformed and reduced themselves to menial, normal jobs. But then the twist happens when they realize that they would be much more successful if they operated in an area where Super Heroes were absent. Say, Spain.

I'll definitely be picking up the next issue to see what unfolds, as this book had just great characters, great storytelling, and a new perspective on timeless comic mainstays like Heroes and Villains.

By the end of the first issue, I kind of felt sympathetic for these poor villains!

Super Crooks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1