Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Image Comics' "Saga"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DarthTad
DarthTad

Image Comics' "Saga"  Empty
PostSubject: Image Comics' "Saga"    Image Comics' "Saga"  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:11 am

I'm still in the process of getting caught up on my reading, but as I do, I'll post cool finds. From last week, I've just started diving in, and right off the bat, found a book that I REALLY liked!

Image Comics' "Saga"  JAN120485-01

It looked interesting a couple of months ago in the Previews catalog, which included a couple of sneak peek pages, but it was even better than I anticipated.

It's right up the alley for most of the folks on here, being a sort of science fiction space fantasy, but not too sciencey. More along the lines of Star Wars, in that it's more about the characters and plot as opposed to wormholes and tachyon particles. The story starts with the birth of a baby, whose parents are a winged alien woman and a ram-horned alien man, both on opposite sides of an intergalactic battle. Think Romeo and Juliet meets Han and Leia.

Lots of interesting characters are introduced, including robots with human bodies but sort of television heads. And the first time we see them they're, you guessed it, making sweet, sweet, robot love.

Just a really great book. Not too wordy, the art lends itself perfectly to the story, suspense, action, intrigue. It has it all. I can't wait to read each issue when it comes out. And I HIGHLY recommend to all my comrades on here!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Image Comics' "Saga"    Image Comics' "Saga"  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:51 am

Must resist. Worm hole forcing hand to write SAGA into my list for sundays trip to the shop. Fighting it. AHHHHHHH I loose. Dang Tad again. study
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Image Comics' "Saga"    Image Comics' "Saga"  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:53 pm

I looked at this but passed on it, but if you are saying it's good Tad they maybe I will give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Image Comics' "Saga"    Image Comics' "Saga"  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:31 pm

Yeah, I really liked it. It seems like a story that could sustain itself for a long time, too. And the writer is Brian K. Vaughn, who wrote Y-The Last Man. Personally, I've never read it even though I have the first couple of trades, but it was always highly critically acclaimed.

I definitely recommend this one. I even went to my comic shop today to try and grab another one, because the one I have got screwed up in my long box, and it was completely sold out. Hopefully you guys can find a copy.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Image Comics' "Saga"    Image Comics' "Saga"  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 12:33 am

Issue #2 proved to be just as good! If you're not reading this, check it out. Cool characters, an interesting story, and great art and layout as well. And so far each issue has ended with you wanting to jump in to the next issue immediately.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Image Comics' "Saga"    Image Comics' "Saga"  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:50 am

I have still not picked up any copies of this yet, I must start writing a list of comics I want to pick up when I go in to collect the pull list.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Image Comics' "Saga"    Image Comics' "Saga"  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 4:34 pm

I picked up a second print of issue #1 at the shop on the wekend. I read it last night. I gotta say I'm not going to bother picking up another issue. I didn't really care for it. i can't say really any one thing I didn't like. Just when i was done i put it aside and my feeling was "MEH".
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Image Comics' "Saga"    Image Comics' "Saga"  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Image Comics' "Saga"
Page 1 of 1