Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What "Oddball" titles are you reading that are alot better than you thought they would be??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

What "Oddball" titles are you reading that are alot better than you thought they would be?? Empty
PostSubject: What "Oddball" titles are you reading that are alot better than you thought they would be??   What "Oddball" titles are you reading that are alot better than you thought they would be?? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:52 pm

Over the last couple weeks I pciked up a couple of what I consider "Oddball" titles from The New 52 to try out. By "Oddball" I mean a title with a non-standard lead character. I've been reading Frankenstein Agent Of S.HA.D.E. and Resurrection Man. I never gave either a second glance before, because I didn't think either would be any good. I have to take my own advice of trying it before you knock it.

Well I'm loving both. Frankenstein appealc to my love of old horror movies. And the interaction of the characters is hilarious. I also like that the boss of the group is in the form of a creepy little girl. he whole concept is fun and a good read. The only downside for me is the art is a bit rough for my taste but I'm getting used to it.

In Resurrection Man I've found a title that I can't wait for the next issue to come out. I love the whole Mitch Shelly not knowing who he is- who am I?? journey he's on. The whole concept of every time he dies and comes back to life with a different superpower is awesome. The art is killer and so far the story keeps me turning pages.

If you haven't treid out either. Give them a go.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthTad
DarthTad

What "Oddball" titles are you reading that are alot better than you thought they would be?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What "Oddball" titles are you reading that are alot better than you thought they would be??   What "Oddball" titles are you reading that are alot better than you thought they would be?? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:08 pm

I definitely like Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E., Captain Atom, Animal Man, and Swamp Thing. Although Captain Atom has been cancelled.

I never read Swamp Thing before the New 52, and I knew nothing about Animal Man, so it's been cool reading them for the first time.
Back to top Go down

What "Oddball" titles are you reading that are alot better than you thought they would be??
Page 1 of 1