Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crossed: Badlands

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

Crossed: Badlands Empty
PostSubject: Crossed: Badlands   Crossed: Badlands I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:24 pm

Any of you comic fans ever read Crossed? by Avatar Press? I never read the 1st bunch of comics but on Wednesday I picked up Crossed: Badlands

Crossed: Badlands Crossed

It's got the original team of Garth Ennis and art by Jacen Burrows.
This comic is supposed to be an ongoing comic published twice a month, it's also one of the most twisted horror comics I have read and I love it now I am going to hunt down all the ones I have missed
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Crossed: Badlands   Crossed: Badlands I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:24 pm

Thank you!! I've been trying to remember for a few days what other series that had just started that looked really cool. This is the one. That's what i get for not writing something down when i think of it. I'll look for it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Crossed: Badlands   Crossed: Badlands I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:34 pm

There is a free weekly webcomic for it. As I know there are no kids on here at the moment think I'm safe to link it.

It's called Crossed: Wish you were here, gives you a small taster if you have not read it

http://www.crossedcomic.com/
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Crossed: Badlands   Crossed: Badlands I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:01 pm

I LOVE CROSSED!! I haven't had a chance to read Badlands yet though. I picked it up on Wednesday, and then we left for vacation. Can't wait to read it!

I've read all the Crossed titles, and Ennis' original story is the best so far. But I enjoyed them all. I even have a blank cover Crossed that I was able to get Jacen Burrows to sketch and sign on at San Diego Comic Con last year.

Mike, did you get all the free swag for Badlands, too? They were promoting it as C-Day, and lots of shops were giving away free buttons, tattoos, card board masks, and a exclusive reprint.

When I get back from vacation, I'll snap a pic and post it.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Crossed: Badlands   Crossed: Badlands I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:12 pm

Tad I knew it was C-Day but I did not get no free stuff Sad , looks like I was done over lol! But I did go in towards the end of the day so they may have run out to be fair.
Off topic - have a good vacation Tad
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Crossed: Badlands   Crossed: Badlands I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 7:23 pm

Thats insane. Im reading the webcomic now and it looks killer. Avatar Comics has some killer titles out. Im going to have to hunt these down now.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Crossed: Badlands   Crossed: Badlands I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 12:21 am

Picked up Crossed Badlands today. Looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Crossed: Badlands   Crossed: Badlands I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:35 pm

Read Crossed: Badlands last night. I liked it. It was ok. I'll pick up a couple more copies to see. But wasn't blown away or anything. Maybe it's because I don't know the backstory on it??
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Crossed: Badlands   Crossed: Badlands I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:00 pm

So, I'm way behind on reading again because of my vacation, but when I got home today, I bumped this to the top of the list.

I really liked it! But I will say, I think you need to at least read the first 9 issue series of Crossed for this one to be good. I tried reading it like I was brand new to the title, and it sort of jumps in with out a solid explanation of the Crossed environment. They kind of did in doing that flashback of the main character and his wife when it first happened, but it still didn't catch you up.

I HIGHLY recommend the first story, even in trade form. It will make this story that much cooler for you.

Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Crossed: Badlands   Crossed: Badlands I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 12:39 am

Issue 3 of Badlands is in the books now, and it marks the end of Ennis' run on it. Lots more death than I expected. I'm interested to see the new creative team jump on it in 2 weeks. Hopefully it will stay fresh with the talent changing every 3 issues.

And I guess we'll never know if the guy in the bandages was really Prince Harry....
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Crossed: Badlands   Crossed: Badlands I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 4:15 am

I am loving the whole Crossed universe.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Crossed: Badlands   Crossed: Badlands I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:38 am

Gorneesh wrote:
I am loving the whole Crossed universe.

Have you had a chance to go back and read the first Crossed series? That's my favorite one so far. And Crossed: Psychopath was pretty crazy, too.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Crossed: Badlands   Crossed: Badlands I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 12:43 pm

Tad not had a chance yet to go back to the first crossed series yet all been a bit mad here, but trust me I will I love this title at the moment.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Crossed: Badlands   Crossed: Badlands I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:24 pm

So we're 7 issues in on the Badlands title. It's still just kind of okay to me. If you guys like this, then you'll really like the the other Crossed titles. So far, I like them a lot better than Badlands.

On a side note, I was able to go to the Phoenix Comic Con in May, and Garth Ennis was there. A friend and I upgraded to Avatar VIP passes, so we were able to cut to the front of the line for signings. And we got to see the Garth Ennis panel, where he spoke about Crossed. It was fantastic. And I was able to get a crap load of books signed by him, including all of the Crossed books I have, The Boys, and some of the Punisher run he did. I also got a kick ass sketch cover from Jacen Burrows, the original artist on Crossed. I asked him to draw me a Crossed having it's way with a unicorn. It's freaking awesome. My buddy had him do the Beatles Album cover, I think it's "Yesterday and Today," where they were dressed as butchers and it got recalled. It came out badass, too. Seeing the Beatles Crossed was rad.

I also got with my VIP package 16 Avatar trades, a giant Crossed Blanket, Crossed shot glasses, and a set of 6 prints by Jacen Burrows where he took famous AMerican art and turned it into Crossed.

I'll post pics and a better thread for it when I get a chance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crossed: Badlands   Crossed: Badlands I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crossed: Badlands
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alter Ego Comic Corner :: Independent Comics-
Jump to: