International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

DarthTad's Collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthTad

PostSubject: DarthTad's Collection   Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:55 am

So, it's not much to look at right now, but I figured I post a progress pic like Paul. I'm in the middle of finally organizing my books, and I've made decent progress.

Tonight I made it through the letter "I."

Here it is.

I commandeered the guest bedroom to spread out and organize. This pic is of my A-I collection. They're all done, and I can get to work on the rest later.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: DarthTad's Collection   Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:08 am

Wow! Nice boxes. lol! Ok, since you teased us with the boxes, can we see whats inside now? cheers Nice size collection Tad.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com
kisstour03
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DarthTad's Collection   Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:59 am

nice Tad. Feels good to get them all in order doesn't it? I find one of the most annoying parts of the process is just getting the boards into the bags first. So what i did was one evening while watching TV I did up a short box full of bags and boards all ready to go. That way when I sat down to box stuff the bags and boards were all set to go.

And I like your idea of keeping the pillows close by. in case you get tuckered out from bagging you can lay down and rest. Sleep Naps are fun.

http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Gorneesh
world moderators

PostSubject: Re: DarthTad's Collection   Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:03 am

They look so good Tad now lets have a look at the gems of the collection. Smile

PostSubject: Re: DarthTad's Collection   Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:48 am

Once I get everything sorted out, I'll post pics of my faves. Right now, I wouldn't even be able to find them. Very Happy

Paul-- The pillows are nice. But they're no microwave. cheers

PostSubject: Re: DarthTad's Collection   Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:57 pm

Tad that's only nine letters of the alphabet 17 more to go! cheers More than impressive it's phenominal!
Back to top Go down
artoo_detour

PostSubject: Re: DarthTad's Collection   Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:27 pm

Great work Tad. That looks pretty cool seeing all those boxes organised.
As others have said, looking forward to seeing some of your fave goodies inside the boxes next cheers
Back to top Go down
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: DarthTad's Collection   Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:44 am

So chatting with Johnny over on the Market Watch thread inspired me to snap a few new pics of some of my collection. As I've stated before, I'm in the process of reorganizing, and rearranging my entire collection. I've decided to switch everything to short boxes, since they're so much easier to handle and manage. As of today, I've catalogued just over 5,800 books. I think I have about 1,200-1,500 more to catalogue still. In my organizing, I've made it through the letter "F", and I've really liked where I'm going with it. IT;s very organized, with lots of plastic dividers, all neatly lebeled with a label maker, and just really clean and neat.

So here it goes:

Here's jsut an overall of the room. It's our combination exercise/comic room, although I have to admit the exercise equipment is rather dusty. Smile

Right now I have a folding table in there to sort books on. Once I'm done, that will go into storage, and the whole room will be clutter free.

Here's A-F, so you get an idea. I plan on lining the walls like this. The separate stack in the back of the room are my Bat-Titles.

Now for just a few quick pieces I snapped pics of. This is a sketch cover I had done by George Perez at the Phoenix Comicon.

For all you Crossed Fans, here's a sketch cover I had drawn by Jacen Burrows at Phoenix Comicon, too. He asked me what I wanted, and I said a Crossed raping a unicorn. And Bam! It was cool because he was taken aback by my request, and excited to draw it because he had never done anything like it before. Garth Ennis was stoked on it too when he signed it the next day.

Here's The Walking Dead 1-10. All NM/M, and all first prints. I have them in boards and bags and then in comic top loaders. I plan on having severl of them graded over the next few months.

A close-up of #1. There are two versions of this FYI, the "Mature Readers" warning right under the price came in white lettering and black. I have the white lettering. Not sure if one is rarer than the other.

Here's #19, the first Michonne, and #27, the first Governor.

And for fun I threw this pic in. It's #61 that has the flip-book with the first appearance of Chew. I had it signed by Robert Kirkman, creator of Walking Dead, and John Layman, creator of Chew.

Once I get all settled, I'll pull more books to snap pics of. I have lots of cool signed books I've gotten at cons. Lots of signed DC stuff, and tons of Ennis signed stuff. At the last Phoenix Comicon, a buddy and me bought VIP Passes for the Avatar booth, so we were allowed to cut to the front of the line and have Ennis and all the Avatar guys sign tons of stuff.

PostSubject: Re: DarthTad's Collection   Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:34 pm

Tad your comic room rocks! I LOVE the Walking Dead collection! That Sideshow Green Lantern is really cool. I have a comic room but it's pretty empty right now not much to see.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DarthTad's Collection   Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:45 pm

Looking good Tad. I'll have to post pics of mine again soon. It's progressed since the last time I posted. It'll look even cooler with the original art on the walls.

DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: DarthTad's Collection   Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:14 pm

So I finally got my comic room organized, at least the vast majority of it. I still have books to read and catalog and file away, but I'm 99% done. So I thought I'd snap a few quick pics. I just finished it, but it is short-lived. We have another baby on the way, so this will almost certainly become the nursery. Which I couldn't be happier about. Just have to figure out another room......

Here's when you first walk in.

First wall of comic boxes. I'm super anal so they're all labeled with dividers in place.

Some original comic art from the Flash I need to get framed. And the print on the end is a signed Neal Adams that I bought a couple years ago at SDCC. Again, need frames!!

Display cases for statues/busts/lead figures, etc.

I'm a big Crossed fan, and this is a piece my buddy did for me with me as a Crossed. I'm the handsome limb-less fellow in the backpack.

Other comic wall. The ones on the top are the ones I've prepped for Stan Lee signatures this weekend.

Bookshelf with CGC's, Walking Dead 1-10, trades, supplies, and my stack of Batman title boxes. I keep them sepearate since I try to focus on completing those sets.

And a couple of Pan shots.

world moderators

PostSubject: Re: DarthTad's Collection   Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Looking good, I can only dream of having a room for my stuff, I hate living in the UK where house prices are sky high.

PostSubject: Re: DarthTad's Collection   Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:17 pm

Beautiful set up, Tad! Cool
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DarthTad's Collection   Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:28 pm

Again I don't know how I missed this. Gotta get in here more often. Looks awesome Tad. Very nest and tidy. I have to get new pics of my room taken and put up. MAde some changes last week.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DarthTad's Collection   

Back to top Go down

DarthTad's Collection
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1