Alter Ego Comic Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alter Ego Comic Corner

International comic book and toy collector forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inde comics you cant wait to come out

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

Inde comics you cant wait to come out  Empty
PostSubject: Inde comics you cant wait to come out    Inde comics you cant wait to come out  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:17 am

The Independent comic I am most looking forward to at the moment is
The Shadow written by Garth Ennis ( Preacher, The Boys, as well as all the other cool books he's written)
Inde comics you cant wait to come out  Shadow01
Not out till April set in 1938 Ennis himself has said : A large part of the story is set in Japanese-occupied China, where fifteen million of the locals were murdered from 1931-45. So in that context, the Japanese will have very little trouble looking monstrous.
So what Independent comics are you Looking forward to??
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Inde comics you cant wait to come out    Inde comics you cant wait to come out  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:11 pm

The Shadow looks great! I'm on a big Garth Ennis kick right now, so I'll definitely be grabbing that one.

Along the sam lines, I can't wait for the next issue of The Boys. They are going to end the title at #72, so we're already into the "end game" of the series. It's really, really good, and the proverbial crap is hitting the fan right now.

Inde comics you cant wait to come out  TNBoys64CovRobertson

Gorneesh, maybe me and you should start the Garth Ennis Fan Club. We could have slumber parties, a secret handshake, and make brownies shaped like Preacher! cheers
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Inde comics you cant wait to come out    Inde comics you cant wait to come out  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:28 pm

I have to admit something here:
As much as I love Ennis, The boys came out when I was not buying comics, I have got a Wildstorm printing of #1 and really enjoyed it but I have not got around to getting the others. So please don't spoil the end Laughing
But the work he has done on some of his other comics has always been nothing short of brilliant.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Inde comics you cant wait to come out    Inde comics you cant wait to come out  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 3:01 pm

Gorneesh wrote:
I have to admit something here:
As much as I love Ennis, The boys came out when I was not buying comics, I have got a Wildstorm printing of #1 and really enjoyed it but I have not got around to getting the others. So please don't spoil the end Laughing
But the work he has done on some of his other comics has always been nothing short of brilliant.

It's definitely worth picking up. It's one of those that I was way late in the game to as well, so I went back and grabbed every issue. I don't think it gets the credit it deserves. And I was stoked to find out Ennis will be at the Phoenix Comic Con this year. Hooray!!
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Inde comics you cant wait to come out    Inde comics you cant wait to come out  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:34 pm

Having said yesterday that I was all over the shadow when it comes out, well even better than that, is the news that in June IDW are going to release a new
Mars Attacks comic - written by John Layman (who admits to collecting the original set of 1962 trading cards) and the artist John McCrea.
Its kind of hard to believe that the Mars Attacks franchise is now 50 years old.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
Admin
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Inde comics you cant wait to come out    Inde comics you cant wait to come out  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:25 pm

I've heard good things about The Boys from Tad before.

The Shadow is on my pull list already. It looks awesome. This Gart Innes guy seems to be popular.

And i saw the article about the Mars Attacks comic too Mike. Can't wait to see it myself.
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthTad
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Inde comics you cant wait to come out    Inde comics you cant wait to come out  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 12:37 am

Gorneesh wrote:
Having said yesterday that I was all over the shadow when it comes out, well even better than that, is the news that in June IDW are going to release a new
Mars Attacks comic - written by John Layman (who admits to collecting the original set of 1962 trading cards) and the artist John McCrea.
Its kind of hard to believe that the Mars Attacks franchise is now 50 years old.

That's going to be awesome! I'm so there.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
world moderators
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Inde comics you cant wait to come out    Inde comics you cant wait to come out  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:25 pm

I cant wait for Images America’s Got Powers by Jonathan Ross and Bryan Hitch in April so much so that I have 3 copy's in the pull list two of which will be signed.
One signed copy for me the other I was going to raffle on here (might wait for a few more members not sure lol)
Back to top Go down
retrorewindtoys

PostSubject: Re: Inde comics you cant wait to come out    Inde comics you cant wait to come out  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:37 pm

I would love to see a new issue of Peep Show, but it's been years since a new issue has come out so I have given up hope. Ditto with Eightball & Optic Nerve
Back to top Go down
http://retrorewindtoys.com/
Chris_J
Admin
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Inde comics you cant wait to come out    Inde comics you cant wait to come out  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 7:23 pm

I scored an issue of Eightball in a lot the other day. Havent checked it out yet. But for me it has to be Milk and Cheese. That was an awesome book. As for something totally new, not sure since I get what you guys recommend
Back to top Go down
https://alter-egos.forumotion.com
retrorewindtoys

PostSubject: Re: Inde comics you cant wait to come out    Inde comics you cant wait to come out  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:36 pm

I love Milk & Cheese! Evan Dorkin is a genius!
Back to top Go down
http://retrorewindtoys.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inde comics you cant wait to come out    Inde comics you cant wait to come out  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inde comics you cant wait to come out
Page 1 of 1